It's reported the Blackberry will launch a new full touchscreen smartphone without a keyboard, will you buy this phone? What do you think about it?
    08-31-17 03:36 AM
    Android or BB10?

BlackBerry Passport
    08-31-17 09:19 AM
    Android or BB10?

BlackBerry Passport
    Android, as far as I know. They would be nuts to do another BB10 phone.

I won't buy it, because I am a PHYSICAL keyboard person.
    08-31-17 09:31 AM
    My interest is only in a full touch.

Already had a Z10 for 4 years. BlackBerry never released a proper update - at least not through AT&T.

Considered the Priv, but by the time I decided to go for it, AT&T stopped offering it.

Just got the Galaxy S8 (using much of the BlackBerry suite of apps - including the vkb that I love), but if AT&T has a BlackBerry full touch when I can upgrade next year, I'm going for it.

If it's a pkb phone, I'm passing.

I know there are fans of the pkb BlackBerry, I'm just not one of them.

People say, why bother if it's just another slab? But I say, because the name BlackBerry still means something to me. A physical keyboard or not is not the the defining issue for me.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-31-17 09:41 AM
    Actually an android phone doesn't require KeyBoard strictly. KeyBoard is a need for bb10. Keyone is a good experiment. But android phones require a good screen ratio that keyone could not provide. Priv of course is an good example but slider is always a hassle.

If BlackBerry launches any bb10 device, I am ready to buy no matter with or without KeyBoard.

But I dont like to buy android phones by BlackBerry. If you want to buy android there are millions of options.

BlackBerry die hard fans are all BB10 lovers.

BlackBerry Passport
    08-31-17 10:27 AM
    Yes, although with the Passport I've "really"(REALLY) grown to appreciate a PKB and the shortcuts. I've used BlackBerries without keyboards, because I appreciate the BlackBerry OS's, the features and functionality they bring to the table.

Still, A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    08-31-17 10:39 AM
    Why not? if the price will be okay, sure. Years ago I wouldn't even look at the full-touch smartphones. But then i lost my phone and received an adroid huawei smartphone. I have to say it wasn't so bad as i thought it would be, and had no problems with using it.
    08-31-17 10:49 AM
    ...BlackBerry die hard fans are all BB10 lovers.

BlackBerry Passport
    Tell that the @belfastdispatcher.

For those who weren't around a few years ago, he was a big proponent of the legacy BBOS, and BIS, and absolutely hated BB10. He'd argue up and down for 10 to 20 pages that BIS was the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel.
    08-31-17 11:02 AM
    It's reported the Blackberry will launch a new full touchscreen smartphone without a keyboard, will you buy this phone? What do you think about it?
    Personally I won't be in the market for a new phone for awhile....

But it's hard for anyone to know.... until we have details on the hardware and the price. Based on what they have said, priced same as KEYone and some reports same specs pretty much.... I doubt even some here "thinking" about it would buy it.

In the end.... have to wait and see what they do.
    08-31-17 11:16 AM
    Today I wouldn't consider a BB full touch... and not because I use PKB. All my phones had been full screen, except for the 9900.

The reason is that I just moved on, and like an ex gf, it was nice while it lasted, but it's better not to get back together.
    08-31-17 11:23 AM
    Tell that the @belfastdispatcher.

For those who weren't around a few years ago, he was a big proponent of the legacy BBOS, and BIS, and absolutely hated BB10. He'd argue up and down for 10 to 20 pages that BIS was the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel.
    I'm pretty sure BIS is older than the wheel.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-31-17 11:29 AM
    I would be, but if it will BlackBerry OS10 or high)
    08-31-17 11:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure BIS is older than the wheel.
    But like a wheel... it keeps on rolling. And making BlackBerry "some" profits.

I bet more than anything CHEN would have like to figure out how to keep it in place.
    08-31-17 03:48 PM
    I would have to see if it was a big enough upgrade from the KEYone in order to buy it.

Second consideration - If it was carried by T-Mobile, I would get it on the payment plan.
    08-31-17 04:15 PM
    i would buy it if (1) no glass backing like dtek 60 (2) decent design like Z30 or 9982 (3) good antenna like para (3) blackberry logo on both front and back (4) OS graphic not extended all the way to the edge and screen not fall off-especially, not under water like it claim to be 'water resistant" (5) better industry design with good grib and balance (6) fast response camera for auto-focus (7) good software for camera, especially for low light - K1 got good camera, but software might need some tweek to make it better, like multiple image stack and average (8) make sure Google share the roadmap with design and not going to be left out for hardware deficiency that prevent the upgrade path for next 3 years. (9) ensure all the physical contact has sufficient support/meet tolerance/reliability for battery/antenna, inserted components - you make device for worldwide that temperature/environment can be extreme. make sure you don't damage the brand name and (10) better marketing and tell chaps how wonderful it is, not like K1, just hiding under the table, especially, when problem arise... such as screen fall off K1... support should be in your face good - learn from Apple... (11) R&D and support are the one create most of value, not MFG... I am yet to convince BBM got sufficient in both (K1 is BB R&D, BBM/TCL support... not impressed as later).
    08-31-17 04:52 PM
    BB10 is long dead, BIS still survives, looks like I was right after all.
    12-02-17 04:34 AM