Thinking about driving for uber. They told me their app will only work on android platform. Do any of the newer BB's support this? I have a Bold 9930.
    03-11-15 05:00 PM
    Haven't registered because I don't want to sign up with my credit card. But the app installs and runs. I didn't login to test the rest.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 05:06 PM
    I use the mobile website. m.uber.com But if your driving for them that would be the Uber partner app. Download it and test it out.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-11-15 05:48 PM
    I use the actual android app downloaded from Google play and it works perfectly. I use a very low limit credit card for stuff like this. Never had a problem with the app nor the credit card and their customer service is great so far. Enjoy

Robertino BB-Z30
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-11-15 05:51 PM
    I'm using the Q10, downloaded the Uber App thru Snap. Works perfectly. You can try it, I think they're offering a one time credit for the first time users.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:04 PM
    I use the actual android app downloaded from Google play and it works perfectly. I use a very low limit credit card for stuff like this. Never had a problem with the app nor the credit card and their customer service is great so far. Enjoy

Robertino BB-Z30
    I'd prefer if I could sign up with PayPal personally.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:38 AM
    Thinking about driving for uber. They told me their app will only work on android platform. Do any of the newer BB's support this? I have a Bold 9930.
    The answer is NO. It will not work on a Bold 9930.

Yes if you get a BlackBerry Classic, it will probably work.
    03-13-15 01:57 PM
    How about on a z10 one?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:56 AM
    How about on a z10 one?

Posted via CB10
    All BlackBerry 10 devices will run it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:17 AM
    I installed the Uber app via SNAP on my Z30 which is running 10.3. Unfortunately, it doesn't load. It just hangs at a black screen with the uber logo. Did others do something special to make this app run? If so, would you be able to share? Thanks.
    04-02-15 03:28 PM
    It was working before, but after updating to 10.3.1.2576 yesterday and updating the Uber app today, it no longer works. I just get the black screen with the Uber logo as well. Hopefully it's a wide problem with the Uber app, and they'll fix it shortly. :\
    04-02-15 03:58 PM
    I had the same problem. I deleted the app and reinstalled the previous version from a few weeks back and that one still works fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:15 PM
    The latest app doesn't work. All previous versions do.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    04-02-15 09:32 PM
    [QUOTE=motec bb;11528550]The latest app doesn't work. All previous versions do.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581[/QUOTE
    How do I get the previous version(s)? I've never used this app before so I don't have an old version to revert to in this case. Thanks.
    04-03-15 07:11 AM
    I'm wondering if this is a trend? I noticed the newest version of the Wemo app doesn't work anymore, and the newest Spotify app runs awful.
    You can find the old app versions in your downloads folder if you use Snap. It moves them there.
    04-03-15 12:20 PM
    I drive for Uber here in Canada, and they provide you with a cell phone. Good luck,

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:11 PM
    Yes- I just tested m.uber.com - while it looked like the confirmation screen was hanging (like the app), I did get a confirmation the driver was on the way- and canceled immediately- it is working. The Uber app form Snap - latest version- will not run on my Q20
    04-04-15 01:31 PM
    M.uber works great, the app was working very well until today's update which f'd it. DON'T UPGRADE to the 4/4/15 update v 1.0.3.795 doesn't run on bbry . If anyone has a link to the prior version apk it would be nice to have.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:26 PM
    I find that when I try to use an earlier app, It says I have to upgrade the app and then refuses to allow me to continue. I have the Classic..
    04-05-15 05:37 PM
    This might be useful information for this topic.

It's a bad idea to update android apps. I get notifications all of the time that there is an update for various apps. There used to be a setting in the android control panel that would allow us to toggle off automatic updates and notices. I can't seem to find it anymore. I see all too often that when people do NOT terminate the application update, it doesn't work anymore.

Google is smart and they seem to embed themselves into every nook and cranny to farm data. I have read and tend to believe that Google actively changes their Google runtime just enough to crash lots of people's applications.

I have often wondered what the benefit would be to do that. I just had one idea. If lots of people are complaining about applications not working on BB10, then seemingly some people might jump ship.

Who knows?? I'm a die hard BlackBerry fan.

Will. Z30
    04-05-15 09:24 PM
    wmnsrc, That would be fine, but our problem with the Uber app or m.uber.com is that they require you to update it and will not work if you don't.
    04-06-15 04:01 PM
    Interesting. I'm pretty busy over the next couple of days. I'll play with it to see if I can figure out a way to get it to work. I'm curious about the. UBER service anyway so bit will be interesting for me.

Will. Z30
    04-06-15 09:53 PM
    So here is the latest- after going through several rounds of emails with their support unit ( each email from me prompting an almost lame standard response about updating etc.), I finally got this :

"Hi Frederick,
    Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this. I'm sorry to hear about what sounds like a frustrating experience. Your email was sent to me for a manager level review and I'm happy to assist from here.
    I've added the ability to use m.uber.com to your account so you should be set now. I'll forward your feedback on needing an app version for Blackberry 10 to our team. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns"

So - do the same- Email [email protected] and include the above as well as requesting a managers review.

Best to all
    04-07-15 05:52 PM
    I was able to get it working this morning. I patched the Uber apk using the desktop version of gmaps patcher. I have found that installing but not opening immediately seems to have a difference. I still had to hard reboot a couple of times before I could get it to run smoothly. That might have more o do with my. Phone using
    Ore than 1.6 gigs of RAM prior to rebooting.

Not sure. But it is working well now.

Will. Z30
    04-09-15 11:06 PM
    I'm not sure of the benefit of having the app if m.uber.com works fine.
    04-10-15 04:27 AM
35 12