Can we expect Blackberry motion with advance processor, Great Camera (like Moto google pixel), and Ram upto 6 GB, with little more Sleek and light weight and with some color option??
    06-05-18 08:32 AM
    They said a new SLAB would come first of next year....

I'm not sure there really is a market for BlackBerry outside of the PKB design. We'll see if Optiemus does any good...
    06-05-18 09:11 AM
    The only slab device on the horizon is the one for India, and if I remember correctly that shouldn't be any better than the Motion.
    06-05-18 09:19 AM
    I'm all for it.

Realisticly, by middle of 2019, I'd hope for at least the 710 SOC, 6 GB of ram, 64 GB minimum of storage, and the same screen, frame design and back as the Key2 (just a full screen, of course).

No curved edges, some bezel and still some heft. I hate light phones. Needs to feel sturdy.

That's what I'm waiting on - and for it to come to AT&T so I can actually get it.
    06-05-18 09:31 AM
    I'm all for it.

Realisticly, by middle of 2019, I'd hope for at least the 710 SOC, 6 GB of ram, 64 GB minimum of storage, and the same screen, frame design and back as the Key2 (just a full screen, of course).

No curved edges, some bezel and still some heft. I hate light phones. Needs to feel sturdy.

That's what I'm waiting on - and for it to come to AT&T so I can actually get it.
    Realistically.... ? Would be hoping for a SLAB clone of the KEYtwo at best, with no expatiation of a Carrier bothering to add it to their SLAB rich product lineups.
    06-05-18 10:26 AM
    Realistically.... ? Would be hoping for a SLAB clone of the KEYtwo at best, with no expatiation of a Carrier bothering to add it to their SLAB rich product lineups.
    Realisticly, spec-wise. The 710 is intended to be the mid-range SOC for next year.

Everything else is admittedly wishful thinking on my part.
    06-05-18 10:44 AM
    They said a new SLAB would come first of next year....

I'm not sure there really is a market for BlackBerry outside of the PKB design. We'll see if Optiemus does any good...
    This is wut I was thinkin too. Instead of makin another SLAB to put in the already Slab infested waters, put some serious thought into makin a smaller PKB. See if it bring back some original fans of the smaller form factor.

I KNO there is the issue of screen ratio, etc but at least give us the option. Whoever buying it would do so knowing that watchin videos may be on the small side. But like with the Classic, watchin videos with the black box around it didn't bother me at.

Afterall isn't Android all about options and customization :-P
    06-05-18 10:46 AM
    I'm the market outside of keyboard designs.

I don't want a keyboard phone. But, I want a BlackBerry. Outside of some minor tweaks I'd prefer what BlackBerry does with the slab. I'm getting sick of the direction most other slabs are going.

I have a Galaxy S8. Performance is great, but I'm really hating the curved edge with no side bezel at all, and the thin bottom bezel is uncomfortable while typing. While these trendy ideas "look" cool, actual use in-hand bites the big one. Even with a case on it, the screen edge is too exposed and I'm always activating apps just putting the darned thing down. I would have gotten the flat screen option, but the Active was even more expensive and I got a great deal on the S8 with AT&T.

I've got the Hub and other BlackBerry apps including the virtual keyboard on it, but would rather have the full BlackBerry experience.

But, that's me and I know it. I also know I can't be the only one that feels this way.

The one by Optimus looks good. But last I checked, AT&T doesn't carry phones from them.
    06-05-18 11:20 AM
    Realisticly, spec-wise. The 710 is intended to be the mid-range SOC for next year.

Everything else is admittedly wishful thinking on my part.
    Qualcomm is calling is a sub-premium SoC, it will be more costly than the SD660. But isn't expected to see the light of day until the 1Q of next year now. I do expect to see it of $400 - $600 phones from a number of vendors. But 1st come will be bigger vendors with the larger bulk orders.

I simply think that a BlackBerry SLAB is a risk, a SD 710 power BlackBerry at $700+ would be a gamble that they can't afford to make. I could be wrong, we will see what the K2 prices out at and add $50.
    06-05-18 11:38 AM
    The 710 is intended to be the mid-range SOC for next year.
    Which means it should be 2020 at the absolute earliest for TCL to even consider it.
    06-05-18 11:42 AM
    Qualcomm is calling is a sub-premium SoC, it will be more costly than the SD660. But isn't expected to see the light of day until the 1Q of next year now. I do expect to see it of $400 - $600 phones from a number of vendors. But 1st come will be bigger vendors with the larger bulk orders.

I simply think that a BlackBerry SLAB is a risk, a SD 710 power BlackBerry at $700+ would be a gamble that they can't afford to make. I could be wrong, we will see what the K2 prices out at and add $50.
    True enough. But I'd be okay with a fall 2019 release. That gets it out from under the early rush for that SOC.
    06-05-18 11:43 AM
    Which means it should be 2020 at the absolute earliest for TCL to even consider it.
    Well, at the rate they have been going, you're right.
    06-05-18 11:45 AM
    True enough. But I'd be okay with a fall 2019 release. That gets it out from under the early rush for that SOC.
    Well maybe they'll release two SLABS next year, and maybe they make use of the 710....
    06-05-18 01:54 PM
    This is wut I was thinkin too. Instead of makin another SLAB to put in the already Slab infested waters, put some serious thought into makin a smaller PKB. See if it bring back some original fans of the smaller form factor.

I KNO there is the issue of screen ratio, etc but at least give us the option. Whoever buying it would do so knowing that watchin videos may be on the small side. But like with the Classic, watchin videos with the black box around it didn't bother me at.

Afterall isn't Android all about options and customization :-P
    They’ll make any device that carriers are willing to order in quantities large enough to attempt profitability. BBMo/TCL and the carriers won't fragment the demand and diminish that objective. This isn’t the old BlackBerry.
    06-06-18 09:25 AM
    They’ll make any device that carriers are willing to order in quantities large enough to attempt profitability. BBMo/TCL and the carriers won't fragment the demand and diminish that objective. This isn’t the old BlackBerry.
    They'll only make what can be made too... An old Curve wasn't really that much narrow than the KEYone is, big difference is in the height.

And it a world where most consumers are wanting larger, I doubt the cry for a smaller PKB is going to be heard.
    06-06-18 10:17 AM
    So they ask the carriers before they design the phone if they will carry it? I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong. If they don't have to ask beforehand then they will never kno if they would carry it unless they drop one. Which is why I said make one, possibly with mid range specs and see how it does. Perhaps even a limited number? 1000-2000?
    06-06-18 10:26 AM
    They'll only make what can be made too... An old Curve wasn't really that much narrow than the KEYone is, big difference is in the height.

And it a world where most consumers are wanting larger, I doubt the cry for a smaller PKB is going to be heard.
    Width is good, it's just the height. A half an inch or an inch would be plenty shorter. But I understand wut ur sayin
    06-06-18 10:27 AM
    So they ask the carriers before they design the phone if they will carry it? I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong. If they don't have to ask beforehand then they will never kno if they would carry it unless they drop one. Which is why I said make one, possibly with mid range specs and see how it does. Perhaps even a limited number? 1000-2000?
    All smaller OEMs, even middle OEMs, ask carriers what device form and specs, will be most likely to land total carrier support. The carrier will give all specs and price wish list. The negotiations are constant year round regarding existing carrier sales and OEMs capabilities. The OEMs listen to customers, their customers, who are the carriers. The carriers have the ability to create the necessary demand far easier than any OEM through employee compensation and OEM promotional support.

Tooling and supplies minimum costs plus sampling data that would be too small and prone to error make educated sales estimates.
    06-06-18 10:31 AM
    All smaller OEMs, even middle OEMs, ask carriers what device form and specs, will be most likely to land total carrier support. The carrier will give all specs and price wish list. The negotiations are constant year round regarding existing carrier sales and OEMs capabilities. The OEMs listen to customers, their customers, who are the carriers. The carriers have the ability to create the necessary demand far easier than any OEM through employee compensation and OEM promotional support.

Tooling and supplies minimum costs plus sampling data that would be too small and prone to error make educated sales estimates.
    Gotcha. Thanks for breakin it down. So pretty much if TCL wanted to make a smaller device, for this example, they could do so but they couldn't rely on carrier support?
    06-06-18 10:47 AM
    Gotcha. Thanks for breakin it down. So pretty much if TCL wanted to make a smaller device, for this example, they could do so but they couldn't rely on carrier support?
    Correct. Right now they are trying for carrier support on the one device size that got them some carrier support last year. They almost had Verizon on board and then had to settle for Verizon certification but sold through Amazon.

In the old days of BBOS, the carriers needed BlackBerry, now BBMo/TCL needs the carriers. Android/IOS changed the dynamics and the carriers won’t let it ever go back if that can be helped. BBMo/TCL won’t do anything to endanger the carrier relationships as slight as they are.

BBMo/TCL won’t create any devices that will fragment carrier sales. They also won’t create devices that fragment their own sales to less profitability.
    06-06-18 11:11 AM