I was wondering anyone heard of any release of android base keyboard device coming out new before the whatsapp service stops on Blackberry ?

I refuse to buy any other carrier ever, if not is it possible to run a stable install of android on a passport that does not have google play services issues on it. I have tried in the past and it has been unstable.
    10-13-16 11:03 AM
    No.

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-13-16 11:06 AM
    Right now the future of a new PKB phone from BlackBerry is a big question mark... but if one comes, it will be next year.

No there is no way to install Android on the Passport without BlackBerry doing it.. and they have only done it internally for testing. There is the Cobalt patch that will allow you to install Google Play with some pretty good results, but that's a big unknown as it is a hack and BB10 only has Android 4.3... things are going downhill.

Best bet is to buy a BlackBerry Priv....
    10-13-16 11:29 AM
    Before? No.
    After? \_(ツ)_/
    10-13-16 11:51 AM
    I was wondering anyone heard of any release of android base keyboard device coming out new before the whatsapp service stops on Blackberry ?

I refuse to buy any other carrier ever, if not is it possible to run a stable install of android on a passport that does not have google play services issues on it. I have tried in the past and it has been unstable.
    If you have the wherewithal to purchase "any other carrier" you must be able to convince the developers to continue with Whatsapp for every platform.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-13-16 11:55 AM
    Uh, Dude, you can get a PRIV. It has a keyboard.

I currently have a Classic - before that I had a 9810 slider (OS7). Loved it, great form factor. Admittedly it is much smaller than a PRIV, but don't overlook the PRIV as an option. Many are very satisfied with the PRIV - myself I am strongly considering one when the contract on my Classic is finished.
    10-13-16 12:54 PM