So I'm asking for assistance with much embarrassment. Five days ago I had to reset my device passcode. It's always a variant of the same alphanumeric combination. It was late and I was tired (from work) when the passcode was reset. The next morning I had no issues entering the correct code (at least I don't think so). Later that day, while at work, nine sweaty, panicked, heart palpitating failed attempts where made. I stopped trying and decided to simply wait and look up the code once home. Here's the problem, I wrote down two code combinations and now I really don't remember which one I used. I've contacted Verizon and BlackBerry several times. I'm really only interested in preserving the footage of my nephew playing in the park as a toddler and taking his first steps. He's my world. I don't know what to do. I know that if I could at least get two more tries I can unlock the device. Is there anyone that could advice me on this.
    The phone has now been deactivated and I'm using my old LG enV3 in the mean time.
    I've read that changing the SIM card prompts the phone to enter a new passcode. Is this true? I'm way beyond my depth here.
    10-03-17 11:46 AM
    Use you BBID to logon to BlackBerry Protect website and reset your device password. Would think both Verizon and BlackBerry would have recommended that first....
    10-03-17 11:59 AM
    No they did not. Spoke to three different BlackBerry reps and four from Verizon. How will going to BBP website help me? Will it send something remotely to the device? I'm a technically challenged person so forgive what seems to be a dumb question.
    10-10-17 02:07 AM