Expected price???
    03-13-20 09:09 AM
    It's never coming.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-13-20 01:20 PM
    It's never coming.
    Maybe eventually some reviewers who were handed prototypes/review devices will put them up on eBay or something lol
    03-13-20 01:32 PM
    Maybe eventually some reviewers who were handed prototypes/review devices will put them up on eBay or something lol
    I'm not really convinced they made any more than handful.
    03-13-20 01:34 PM
    March 32nd, ain’t never going to happen. But that’s only IMHO today.
    03-13-20 02:03 PM
    It's never coming.
    What date is it never coming?
    03-13-20 02:25 PM
    I fully expected they had made them, but would convert them into something non-BlackBerry under one of Optiemus house brands. Launch and the initial release dates were so close... Aug 2nd: "The Evolve will go up for sale sometime later in August, with the Evolve X set to be available from next month." Hard to believe that assembly wasn't already underway... at the very least components already purchased.

But yeah Optiemus knew within a week that the Evolve was a flop and there was no reason to release the X.
    03-13-20 02:26 PM
    Right exactly, and for that extreme rarity factor alone, it could sell. For a lot maybe.

Kind of similar story with the handful of Passport SE's running Android 5.1 which are somewhere around the globe.

If one were to go on eBay, it would sell for a pretty penny.

Could probably go for a grand.
    03-13-20 02:45 PM
    Right exactly, and for that extreme rarity factor alone, it could sell. For a lot maybe.

Kind of similar story with the handful of Passport SE's running Android 5.1 which are somewhere around the globe.

Could probably go for a grand.
    One millllion dollars in the best Mike Myers voice
    03-13-20 02:57 PM

Would need to keep it underground. BlackBerry retains ownership of those Passports and tries to get them back whenever they show up in online sales. I don't know if Optiemus would notice or care at this point but one can't be too careful.
    03-14-20 01:06 PM
    Would need to keep it underground. BlackBerry retains ownership of those Passports and tries to get them back whenever they show up in online sales. I don't know if Optiemus would notice or care at this point but one can't be too careful.
    If they sold half of the Evolve X prototypes, that would double Evolve sales. I don’t think Optiemus would mind hitting the century mark...
    03-14-20 01:10 PM