Help needed! Last week when I got to my office abroad found out that wifi calling refused to work on my Q10; I know it's not a Tmobile problem as my wife's and brother's Z10's wifi calling is working fine, so I suspect my radio version got somehow "contaminated". I've tried restoring it, security wipe and restored it again, deleted the wifi calling app and reinstalled it, and last tried a battery pull (like in the 7's) to no avail. I really need wifi calling for my trips abroad; Anybody that can pitch in what to do to restore it so it works?

Thanks in advance.
    08-18-14 12:51 PM
    This seems to be an ongoing problem, which TMO says they are "documenting." I was going to suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it--as that has worked for some people, but it looks like you've already done that. If you're into sideloading, try deleting the bar and sideloading it. If that doesn't work, call 611 and have TMO troubleshoot it.
    08-18-14 01:21 PM
    It is affecting many users with both Q10 and Z10 phones. TMO has claimed that the issue is with BlackBerry and will require BlackBerry to provide a software fix.

TMO is just passing the buck.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:01 PM
    It is affecting many users with both Q10 and Z10 phones. TMO has claimed that the issue is with BlackBerry and will require BlackBerry to provide a software fix.

TMO is just passing the buck.

Posted via CB10
    I would have to agree with this. There is no reason for it to be working then just suddenly stop without a change to the BlackBerry software. Sounds like T mo is messing with some stuff and BlackBerry will have to update something to fix it. Tmo is taking a page from Google.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:10 PM
    I would have to agree with this. There is no reason for it to be working then just suddenly stop without a change to the BlackBerry software. Sounds like T mo is messing with some stuff and BlackBerry will have to update something to fix it. Tmo is taking a page from Google.

Posted via CB10
    Spoke to tech Tmo support as per the first suggestion; once I described what I've done to try to resolve the issue, they just cheerfully said that I'd have to wait for a software update soon, as I've done everything they could have told me to do and the issue is still on. However, they mentioned that they've getting calls about this starting 2 weeks ago, and it happens that over the last 2 weeks I've received updates to the virtual expert and BBM; I know for sure that after BBVE download WFC was still working, since I downloaded that while abroad, but last week downloaded the BBM update connected to LTE here on their network, and never tried WFC until last thursday when I got to my foreign office and found out that it wouldn't connect. I'm not tech savvy to know what part of the radio system got changed with the update, but there's a real possibility that it has something to do with it and hence affected just some users and not all of them... My wife's Z10 is working fine and she hasn't applied the BBM update yet, so I told her to stay away from it until I get mine working again thru a software update that addresses the issue. Just in case.
    08-18-14 03:56 PM
    This seems to be an ongoing problem, which TMO says they are "documenting." I was going to suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it--as that has worked for some people, but it looks like you've already done that. If you're into sideloading, try deleting the bar and sideloading it. If that doesn't work, call 611 and have TMO troubleshoot it.
    I'm willing to try side loading if you can walk me thru it and tell me what bar file you're talking about.. Anything that can get me connected again I'll give it a shot.
    08-18-14 04:09 PM
    By the way, I'm the post originator but for some reason I wasn't logged in...
    08-18-14 04:10 PM
    Out of the blue and without any further action, it started working again today... Clueless as to how, but very happy about it.
    raino likes this.
    08-20-14 11:06 AM
    Out of the blue and without any further action, it started working again today... Clueless as to how, but very happy about it.
    Glad to hear that. I asked around about sideloading and was going to post here.
    08-20-14 11:33 AM