Hello, my Wife has just bought her Blackberry Classic, but in the last few days her texts, emails and any form of messaging has been acting very strange, where the text will grey out and not allow her to continue with her text message or email etc until she taps an arrow at the top of the screen? Then when you press the top arrow, another arrow appears at the bottom, sometimes with some additional characters.
    She's also getting the double space issue but it wont allow her to use capital letters or use commas etc, and if she uses a full stop it appears larger and hollowed out like a tiny 'o' instead of normal size and filled in?
    She's always loved her Blackberries but this is really starting to take the goodness out of her shiny new purchase, so I'm hoping its a really simple fix as she's ready to lob the bloody thing out the window!
    I know nothing about these phones but is there a diagnostic programme or software reset that can be done?
    Not that it should matter but it was purchased unlocked and is being used with a Virgin mobile sim here in the UK.

Any help would be really really appreciated as we all like a happy wife!

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    08-29-15 04:31 PM
    Almost sounds like a key is "stuck" on the keyboard.

Try a soft reset:
    • Press and hold the Power button for more than ten seconds.
    • You will see the screen turn off, the LED flash red once, and after a short time the Blackberry logo will appear on the screen, then release the power button. The device will then start to boot back up.

This procedure wipes the devices caches, wipes running memory (not files or settings, just stuff running), shuts down all apps and services, and then reboots the device.
    It is the same as a battery pull on removable battery devices. It generally fixes any bugged apps or services.
    It is normal after a soft reset for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after it has booted up due to it recreating the caches and loading background apps and services. So, let is sit for about five minutes before using the device.
    scrimmy1 likes this.
    08-29-15 05:40 PM
    Almost sounds like a key is "stuck" on the keyboard.

Try a soft reset:
    • Press and hold the Power button for more than ten seconds.
    • You will see the screen turn off, the LED flash red once, and after a short time the Blackberry logo will appear on the screen, then release the power button. The device will then start to boot back up.

This procedure wipes the devices caches, wipes running memory (not files or settings, just stuff running), shuts down all apps and services, and then reboots the device.
    It is the same as a battery pull on removable battery devices. It generally fixes any bugged apps or services.
    It is normal after a soft reset for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after it has booted up due to it recreating the caches and loading background apps and services. So, let is sit for about five minutes before using the device.
    Hello, my Husband originally asked the top question regarding my new Classic, we couldn't reply as he asked the question without signing up so I thought I may as well get onboard.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I sadly have to report it didn't work.
    On reading various post here and there today, would a reset mentioned in this link below help at all, or will it just remove any trace of me and my details, pics, etc leaving the system software as is or might it completely revert to its out of the box settings?
    Little point me trying it if its only going to remove my profile and leave the system as is?
    Somebody else must have experienced this problem surely?
    I'm so so disappointed with this so far its really starting to completely ruin the whole experience, so if anybody could help I'd be so grateful as I'm starting to really lose the love and fast.

Many thanks
    Kathryn

p.s I tried to post the link to the other mobile geek site but it wouldn't allow me due to lack of posts, so have pasted it below.

Turn the BlackBerry Classic on.
    Go to Settings.
    Select Security and Privacy.
    Select Security Wipe.
    Type in “blackberry”.
    Tap on Delete Data.
    Let the phone do its thing and it will be done in a few minutes!
    08-30-15 06:46 PM
    Hold volume buttons for 10 secs. Hard reset should do it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-30-15 07:06 PM
    But yes a security wipe should work. Assuming it's fine that all your data is wiped and you can recover.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-30-15 07:09 PM
    Ignore all of the above advice.

The problem here is that you have accidentally alternated to a second language on your device.

To alternate back to normal, do this:

First go to the messaging srvc of your choice. Texts or BBM. Place cursor at an input field, next, hold the alt key and then quickly tap the return (enter) key.

This will bring the phone back to normal.

If you have a second language loaded on the phone that you do not need, you can go to settings>language and input>input languages

You can then add or delete any languages you do not need.

 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by Jamaa; 08-30-15 at 09:45 PM.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-30-15 09:30 PM
    Ignore all of the above advice.

The problem here is that you have accidentally alternated to a second language on your device.

To alternate back to normal, do this:

First go to the messaging srvc of your choice. Texts or BBM. Place cursor at an input field, next, hold the alt key and then quickly tap the return (enter) key.

This will bring the phone back to normal.

If you have a second language loaded on the phone that you do not need, you can go to settings>language and input>input languages

You can then add or delete any languages you do not need.

That makes sense. Wasn't clear what the issue is but this is most likely.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-30-15 11:46 PM
    Hi Jamaa
    I just wanted to say a massive thank you for solving the problem!! Your suggestion worked and the keyboard is now fully restored! My Blackberry is back to normal, hooray!
    Thanks to you and everyone who took the time to post info.
    Cheers
    Kathryn
    08-31-15 05:53 AM
    Hi Jamaa
    I just wanted to say a massive thank you for solving the problem!! Your suggestion worked and the keyboard is now fully restored! My Blackberry is back to normal, hooray!
    Thanks to you and everyone who took the time to post info.
    Cheers
    Kathryn
    This happened to me as well, so i'm glad to be of help.

Cheers!

08-31-15 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD