Hi,

Just setting up Blackberry Keyone and I cannot get the Blackberry hub to authenticate Office 365 email settings.

I download Android Outlook app... set up and connected to email no problem.

So wondering if there is something in Blackberry Hub, like the need for a 'Client Certificate'?

It didn't ask for one on manual set up, and when I checked my settings with my Blackberry Passport settings they matched...so confused as to why it won't work?

Any ideas ?
    05-10-18 09:04 AM
    Is this just a personal 365 account or a work account with it's own domain?

Personal, should work just fine. A work account might require something else, need to check with your IT.
    05-10-18 09:34 AM
    Hi,

it is a work/school account as MS call it. So I think it has its own domain, not sure.

either way I used same details as there is on my passport. And still no joy

And there is no IT depart...
    05-10-18 09:55 AM
    Are you using the Active Sync or Outlook.com options when you create the account?
    05-10-18 09:58 AM
    Problem may be two factor authentication. Some CBer's have complained that problem exists on some Enterprise setups beginning earlier this year.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-10-18 10:14 AM
    Problem may be two factor authentication. Some CBer's have complained that problem exists on some Enterprise setups beginning earlier this year.
    ^^ THIS. I had both a PRIV and a KeyOne on our Network using O365 and neither would connect when using Multi Factor Authentication. Seems that the HUB does not safely pass though some items. I was able to set up multiple email accounts on the HUB, but once we enabled MFA (either Microsoft or DOU) mail stopped being received on both devices and could not send.

Has something to do with needing an "app-password" specifically for the HUB itself, but after testing that, it was too much of a headache to implement. Plus I was the only user (of over 3000) who actually had a Blackberry....

According to the BB guys who are on here, that feature will be enabled on a "future" version of the HUB, but I cannot comment on availability.
    05-10-18 01:36 PM
    This is a really annoying problem!

I got prompted for a domain password change this morning.
    Updated the password on the KeyOne and now it just does not authenticate.

IT dept alerted me to the problem with the HUB.

BB need to pull their finger out and get this resolved sooner rather than later..

So much for BB loyalty..
    10-22-18 02:13 PM
    Blackberry has known about this problem for a while now (saw another thread here from over a year ago). For all the "focus on security" you'd think supporting 2FA would be considered a high priority, or is the new Blackberry moto now "most advanced security as of 5 years ago"? Giving customers an answer like "might be enabled in future release" is how Blackberry keeps losing customers. Customers who face problems like that find other solutions and won't be going back to BlackBerry even if they did add it later.

I've been a loyal BB customer for years, after PRIV got tired of waiting for decent blackberry on Verizon, so ended up with Galaxy S9+. Purchased the Hub+ subscription, I liked it though already some functionality was missing (like message indicators in individual account icons), but now that my employer enabled DUO authentication, it just becomes useless. And even if Blackberry enables it some time in the future, I won't even know about it because won't be using it anymore - need to get work email on my phone so will install Outlook for Android tonight, cancel Hub subscription and never look back. So long blackberry...
    10-23-18 05:26 AM
    For those of you who are experiencing the problem, just wanted to share that "Nine Email and Calendar" offers very similar functionality - can do pretty much everything that Hub+ can do with email accounts, and then some. It is compatible with Office365 + Duo 2FA, worked like a charm for me. The only drawback is it doesn't integrate non-email sources like slack or BBM, but you can use those separately. Also, if your employer setup Android Enterprise, you can use "Nine Work" for free (somehow your employer's subscription pays for it, the only catch is the "free" Enterprise version is limited to Exchange servers only, so no gmail or hotmail or linux based servers). The unrestricted Nine with most email servers and it costs $14.99 one time price., so not bad After spending the time switching, I'm not switching back unless something breaks in Nine (and Hub cataches up to Nine features I now use). After I find a replacement for Password Keeper, that will be my last tie to Blackberry. Too bad, they had some great products once.
    10-24-18 05:20 AM