I keep trying to connect it to the desktop with a USB, but it doesn't recognize that it's there. I just upgraded from a Z10 to the Classic and I need to connect to transfer data. Also won't sideload on GooglePlay, the IP address times out because the Classic won't talk to the computer!
    02-26-15 04:37 PM
    any updates?

I'm having issues with the President's phone (classic, windows 7, latest link)

I also can't the link software on my pc (windows 8.1) to see my passport anymore.
    03-02-15 11:41 AM
    After upgrading I had to Uninstall BlackBerry link from my computer and then connect my Z10 and install Link again using my phone to install the drivers. After connecting the phone I was given options to install drivers and 2 others. From the phone screen I needed to tap install drivers and follow the prompts to install from the phone. After install everything still synced properly and I've had no issues since. I hope this helps.

I Love my ⚡ FAST  Z10
    03-02-15 11:51 AM
    It's a driver issue. That's what happened to me. Go into device manager then network connections. You'll see exclamation points on then bb - you'll see at least 1 maybe 2 with exclamation. Right click hit uninstall for all them. Then hit scan for hardware changes. Voila!

Let me know if it works. It should.
    03-06-15 01:54 AM
    BlackBerry Link connect issue: I have the similar type of issue. I'm using BlackBerry Z10. After updating to 10.3.1.1565 it stopped identifying my device when I connect the device with my same computer having installed BlackBerry Link software. Resulting can not take any back up. What should I do to resolve the issue? I can't wipe device as so many data added to my device after last back up. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:30 AM
    Simply installation of blend is required. It does all. Problem gets solved.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 02:43 PM
    I am having the same issue. I've done all the above...when I connect to the USB, the device recognizes that it is connected to something, but no response from Link.....same results on two computers.
    04-23-15 09:12 AM
    There is a bug in some of the 10.3.1 OS's.
    04-23-15 09:45 AM
    1. Uninstall BlackBerry Link.
    2. Open the Device Manager by pressing Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
    3. Click View and then click on Show hidden devices from the menu that appears.
    4. Expand the BlackBerry section by clicking on the + symbol next to it.
    5. Right click on the following items and click Uninstall. In the dialog that appears, check Delete the driver software for this device. If more than one of each of the following entries appear, remove them as well.
      • BlackBerry Device
      • BlackBerry Smartphone
    6. Expand the Network adapters section by clicking on the + symbol next to it.
    7. Right click on the following items and click Uninstall. In the dialog that appears, check Delete the driver software for this device. If more than one of each of the following entries appear, remove them as well.
      • BlackBerry Device
      • BlackBerry Tethering Device
      • BlackBerry Virtual Private Network
    8. Restart the computer.
    9. Reinstall the latest version of BlackBerry Link.
    10. Attempt to connect your BlackBerry smartphone to the computer again and see if it is able to communicate with BlackBerry Link.
    04-23-15 09:49 AM
    1. Uninstall BlackBerry Link.
    2. Open the Device Manager by pressing Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
    3. Click View and then click on Show hidden devices from the menu that appears.
    4. Expand the BlackBerry section by clicking on the + symbol next to it.
    5. Right click on the following items and click Uninstall. In the dialog that appears, check Delete the driver software for this device. If more than one of each of the following entries appear, remove them as well.
      • BlackBerry Device
      • BlackBerry Smartphone
    6. Expand the Network adapters section by clicking on the + symbol next to it.
    7. Right click on the following items and click Uninstall. In the dialog that appears, check Delete the driver software for this device. If more than one of each of the following entries appear, remove them as well.
      • BlackBerry Device
      • BlackBerry Tethering Device
      • BlackBerry Virtual Private Network
    8. Restart the computer.
    9. Reinstall the latest version of BlackBerry Link.
    10. Attempt to connect your BlackBerry smartphone to the computer again and see if it is able to communicate with BlackBerry Link.
    Good post but I'm sure it's still the OS version some are using. I have a friend that couldn't backup etc. with link. She installed 10.3.1.2726 and like magic it works now.
    04-23-15 09:56 AM
    Make sure you have allowed connections.
    Go to settings>device connections
    and flip the allow connections button
    05-12-15 07:23 AM