Yes it's deffo location based by looks of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:37 AM
    Dog with a bone. I ain't giving up on these tweets

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus likes this.
    09-11-15 05:41 AM
    Tim italy, same problem, updated on 8-9-15 and assistant died, from today I can't open WA from HUB too, it opens, starts to load and never stops..i think it could be connected with the dictation system of assistant..very very annoyed!!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:42 AM
    Take to twitter mcfaraway

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 06:17 AM
    Both my Z30 and Passport SE not working...
    09-11-15 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry help on Twitter are telling to ask my carrier to start an investigation. But it can't be carrier related surly as I'm sim free. And some of you are on vodafone and o2 but I'm on three

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 09:52 AM
    BlackBerry help on Twitter are telling to ask my carrier to start an investigation. But it can't be carrier related surly as I'm sim free. And some of you are on vodafone and o2 but I'm on three

Posted via CB10
    Even unlocked devices use the carrier network - so it could still be carrier-related, all else being equal.

Except, like you say, it seems everyone in Europe is having these issues.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-11-15 10:01 AM
    Same probem...H3G italy...it's very annoyng!!
    09-11-15 10:57 AM
    OK I've been in touch with carrier. I may as well of been a 5 headed dragon. No clue why blackberry help told me to get intouch. But he did give blackberry customer service number. So I called and awaiting emails to walk me through some tasks probably. But case is open at least

Posted via CB10
    geppoG1 likes this.
    09-11-15 11:06 AM
    Mine has only worked for a total of about 2 or 3 times. I have reloaded the O/S and no luck. Seems to be a big issue. I think she knows that she is no Siri so she doesn't want to work. While every other platform is moving forward with voice recognition and it appearing on more and more electronic devices, Blackberry is stagnant. I have had this issue for several months already and I am sure most others have been dealing with it for some time as well.

This is and important feature for many people and should be addressed
    09-11-15 05:38 PM
    Still doesn't work for me. Drives me insane. I'm not overly dependent on it, but it came in very handy when it worked, and was enjoyable to get to grips with. Now it's just completely broken and BlackBerry does not seem to care on bit. Both the carrier and BlackBerry themselves are completely useless when I try and address them for help.
    09-11-15 05:42 PM
    Same here UK vodafone PassPort SE and Z30

[edir] just booted my old Z10 stl100-2 up running 10.3.1.1779 and it just searches the Internet after asking "How are you".
    Last edited by Class--; 09-11-15 at 07:58 PM.
    09-11-15 07:47 PM
    I had a problem on verizon about 2 months ago where she wouldn't answer at all. Sounds like a bit of a different problem, but you guys can try this:

Mind you I started on English (US)

Settings >languages and inputs. Changed to English (uk). Also changed the input languages to English (uk)

Go to BlackBerry assistant settings and change to English (uk). Wait for it to update the language settings.

Hard reboots (the volume up and down key).

Change everything back to English (us). Wait for it to update the language

Perform another hard reboot. Then everything worked again.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Swiiney, geppoG1 and wMarck90 like this.
    09-11-15 08:14 PM
    I had a problem on verizon about 2 months ago where she wouldn't answer at all. Sounds like a bit of a different problem, but you guys can try this:

Settings >languages and inputs. Changed to English (uk). Also changed the input languages to English (uk)

Go to BlackBerry assistant settings and change to English (uk). Wait for it to update the language settings.

^^^^^^I had same problem and fixed it exactly the same way, except I didn't need last hard reboot (USA Verizon Z30)

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 09:06 PM

Hi,

just tried this on my Passpost configured in French and it works!!! Thanks a lot!

Changed language in the assistant to english US and language to english US in "language and inputs". Start the assistant. Then hard reset. After reboot my BlackBerry is back in french and all is working.

Stephane
    tex3523 likes this.
    09-12-15 01:07 AM
    Ooooooh. That was easy. Working for me to. I will have to email blackberry to close investigation. I'm sort of glad. Thankyou tex3523 so much.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 01:16 AM
    Hurray!
    I did not even need the hard resets at all.

I set the language from Dutch to English UK en input languages to only that one too; the assistent had already this setting.

It was immediately working when I used the assistent.
    I have the impression that the language change was the kick in the bud it needed.

I changed back the language now again to Dutch and added it as input language as well again and it keeps working.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 03:14 AM
    Works for me too...many thanks!!!
    09-12-15 04:22 AM
    Works for me as well! Looks like we found our fix. Thanks tex!
    09-12-15 04:42 AM
    Yes, this fixed my assistant as well! Now I have the problem that or won't talk to me (no sound), even if the setting is on voice response=on.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 06:09 AM
    Yes, this fixed my assistant as well! Now I have the problem that or won't talk to me (no sound), even if the setting is on voice response=on.

Posted via CB10
    I got that bit working again after a simple reboot; that was before I used the language change trick a day later on, which kicked the whole assistent into life again.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 06:45 AM
    It's good to have it back, but I'm still hoping BlackBerry will make improvements. Based on my experience, the knowledge aspect needs serious touching up, for a lot of the 'tell me about' or 'what is..?' questions result in lazy internet searches instead of tracking down the exact information.
    09-12-15 06:51 AM
    problem solved by BlackBerry help on twitter in 4 ours..

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 11:03 AM
    Solved how?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 11:07 AM
    Solved how?

Posted via CB10
    Switch your assistant language to something else, then back again.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 11:22 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD