It seems BlackBerry wants their users to download android apps from Amazon app store. I wouldnt hesitate to do so or advise someone to use amazon app store when they need an android app (I believe they get rid of need to have GS or PS). But still if thats not the case, I would access apps from it even if its not latest version but running good.

BUT Y DOESNT BlackBerry make an BB10 specific designed Amazon app store?? Or Ask Amazon to Make it??

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 11:58 AM
    What benefit would that bring to BlackBerry, especially as BB10 is reaching the end of its development and there are not likely to be any new BB10 devices?
    11-01-15 12:38 PM
    It helps people who uses BB10 to get android apps easily without any worries of sharing all those datas to amazon and getting android apps from a BlackBerry certified place like snap than getting apps from another android app.
    Even if BlackBerry development is going to end (nobody is sure about it) whatever they give should be given in a proper way right?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 12:47 PM
    It seems BlackBerry wants their users to download android apps from Amazon app store. I wouldnt hesitate to do so or advise someone to use amazon app store when they need an android app (I believe they get rid of need to have GS or PS). But still if thats not the case, I would access apps from it even if its not latest version but running good.

BUT Y DOESNT BlackBerry make an BB10 specific designed Amazon app store?? Or Ask Amazon to Make it??

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    What you are looking for is called : BlackBerry World
    11-01-15 02:16 PM
    Yes, and many of the apps in BlackBerry World are Android ports. That's why some apps like Skype have removed their BlackBerry World version because the Amazon App Store version is essentially the the same and there's no reason to have two versions of the same app.
    11-01-15 02:26 PM
    It helps people who uses BB10 to get android apps easily without any worries of sharing all those datas to amazon and getting android apps from a BlackBerry certified place like snap than getting apps from another android app.
    Even if BlackBerry development is going to end (nobody is sure about it) whatever they give should be given in a proper way right?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    SNAP is in no way bb certified at all. In fact its probably illegal. Amazon is the ONLY official way to get android apps
    11-01-15 02:34 PM
    Then y I dont find the apps I want in the suggested place??
    And after all if they want to direct all of its BlackBerry users to amazon app store, shouldn't they provide native feel atleast?
    When it was from BBW, we had atleast a native feel about the place from where we take android apps....But here, its totally android...and it really sux!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 03:11 PM
    Yes, and many of the apps in BlackBerry World are Android ports. That's why some apps like Skype have removed their BlackBerry World version because the Amazon App Store version is essentially the the same and there's no reason to have two versions of the same app.
    I can understand why skype choose to do so...and many others will surely follow....i would say it is one way better...we will have only BlackBerry apps in BBW and all android apps from amazon. If the availability of android apps through amazon was good enough, app gap would be really less. I have only used amazon just thrice in my entire 2 years BB10 life. Main issue was its android shell. And ofcorz less availability off apps follows.
    But BlackBerry should have taken very clear steps when they made amazon app store available.
    * they should have made amazon native
    * they shouldnt have let any android apps in BBW
    * they should have motivated BB users to use amazon instead of snap and cobalts PS( I meant they shouldnt have given this space for this app places to be born. Nothing against cobalt and snap, coz I use it mostly for all my android needs)
    * they should have forced amazon somehow to bring in more big names and apps.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 03:17 PM
    SNAP is in no way bb certified at all. In fact its probably illegal. Amazon is the ONLY official way to get android apps
    When I took snap into picture, I was just trying to give u a picture what I am expecting from amazon app store. And thanks for reminding me snap is one way illegal.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 03:18 PM
    I feel there is 2 options BlackBerry can do now.
    Either bring all the apps, Big and Small to BBW in pure native kind, which is almost impossible now and time taking process or Throw away all android apps from BBW and motivate all BB users to use amazon app store giving the pure native feel of amazon app store and giving us the freedom to choose if we would like to keep the amazon shop app or not, but of course making amazon really competitive with PS.

EDIT : I actually forgot to ask my question
    Does anybody see the above said things happening anytime? Is that something impossible?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by Mr 2BB89DC6; 11-01-15 at 03:33 PM.
    11-01-15 03:21 PM
    Of course there are other sources of Android apps. Mobogenie, etc.
    11-02-15 08:17 AM
    Skype is still in BBW.
    11-02-15 08:29 AM
    Of course there are other sources of Android apps. Mobogenie, etc.
    But it is not built in as an appstore in BlackBerry right?
    Thats my point. When they already made amazon available as a built in, y dont they make it the best?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-02-15 11:06 AM
    We won't see any changes to the Amazon Appstore. It is what it is.

BlackBerry has stated that development on the Android Runtime has ceased, so there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    11-02-15 11:34 AM