The replies aren't narcissistic, and their number just might depend on how many there are to reply to.
    I'd say they are (while hinting at passive aggressiveness), but I digress.

Back on topic. It all boils down to what a user wants from their device and what the device (plus eco system) offers.
    I'm pretty sure most users with my use case use a BlackBerry, but what a "smartphone" is and what it's "supposed" to do, has changed so much since the days of my first BlackBerry device.
    These things were never meant to be "mainstream".

edit: for spacing and spelling.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 08-02-15 at 11:10 PM.
    08-02-15 06:21 PM
    I'd say they are (while hinting at passive aggressiveness), but I digress.

Back on topic. It all boils down to what a user wants from their device and what the device (plus eco system offers).
    I'm pretty sure most users with my use case use a BlackBerry, but what a "smartphone" is what what it's "supposed" to do has changed so much since the days of my first BlackBerry device. These things were never meant to be "mainstream".

The bold part is exactly right and the real issue that leads to these threads I think.
    08-02-15 06:58 PM
    I agree with the sentiment, but same can be said about "How many more of these narcissistic .." -replies- "...must we endure".
    lol

Ha ha. But it certainly is not a chicken and egg question. Stop the silly poor blackberry posts and the replies will take care of themselves
    08-02-15 08:00 PM
    There was a big lack of marketing which was sorely needed given the poor reputation of BlackBerry upon the release of BlackBerry 10

Posted with my  Classic
    Revisionist history

Apple Closes U.S. Ad-Spending Gap With Samsung - Digits - WSJ
    08-02-15 09:58 PM
    Hey guys why do you all want so much BlackBerry users around yourself, I will never like that if so much people use BlackBerry around me., because I want to look unique always. In my town I am only one who had blackberry z3 (according to me) and maybe 2 or 3 people more.
    And it's not matter that only few people use it... still it's BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:37 PM
    porsche is a premium car...they can sell the 3-5 times other car manufacturer prices

but BlackBerry is not a premium phone, BB average selling price around $240 , it still lower than android average selling price $254, and lot lower if you compare it with iphone average selling price $687

Why are so few people using Blackberry phones?-img_20150803_000351.jpg

Just so that others may see....I picked up an Iphone 6, jailbroke in less than 10 min. I've had the device for a little over a week and it does not do half as much as my Passport. For an non-prem device...it out performs Iphone on every level. What kind of phone comes out without a native file manager? Oh, that's right, that would be the Genius 's over at apple. Yes...for sure, it is marketing.

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 12:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150803_000351.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	365150

Just so that others may see....I picked up an Iphone 6, jailbroke in less than 10 min. I've had the device for a little over a week and it does not do half as much as my Passport. For an non-prem device...it out performs Iphone on every level. What kind of phone comes out without a native file manager? Oh, that's right, that would be the Genius 's over at apple. Yes...for sure, it is marketing.

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    As someone who values a file manager (it's on my list of non-negotiables), I am fairly certain most folks don't use that feature quite often. In fact, of the folks I work with (bona fide techies), none have found a use for one in years.

Blows my mind, but it goes to show that the lack of any one feature doesn't necessarily mean a platform isn't useful. I wouldn't use a file manager as a measuring stick anyway, because there's still another platform option besides BB10.

But as most tech fans can say (including BBRY's leadership), iOS does trump BB10 in at least one metric. Unfortunately, it's the one thing that determines success in today's mobile landscape IMHO.

Stock features are second fiddle to a user's ability to customize one's mobile experience.

If it is indeed only marketing that determines a platform's success, BBRY deserves to be pilloried for not throwing ALL its resources into that hallowed surety.
    b121 likes this.
    08-03-15 12:36 AM
    As someone who values a file manager (it's on my list of non-negotiables), I am fairly certain most folks don't use that feature quite often. In fact, of the folks I work with (bona fide techies), none have found a use for one in years.

Blows my mind, but it goes to show that the lack of any one feature doesn't necessarily mean a platform isn't useful. I wouldn't use a file manager as a measuring stick anyway, because there's still another platform option besides BB10.

But as most tech fans can say (including BBRY's leadership), iOS does trump BB10 in at least one metric. Unfortunately, it's the one thing that determines success in today's mobile landscape IMHO.

Stock features are second fiddle to a user's ability to customize one's mobile experience.

If it is indeed only marketing that determines a platform's success, BBRY deserves to be pilloried for not throwing ALL its resources into that hallowed surety.

Why are so few people using Blackberry phones?-img_20150803_010932.png

I have limitless customization, can choose many different themes, wallpapers etc...

Why are so few people using Blackberry phones?-img_20150803_003330.png

Between Amazon, Google and BBWorld...more Apps than I can use, and the best part....Im not just limited to Itunes.

Why are so few people using Blackberry phones?-img_20150803_011437.png

On top of that, I'm not limited to "Apps" providing me with encryption....its built in by the best.

And even still....I will never have to worry about this.

http://m.channel3000.com/money/opm-h...rints/34105900

Tech circles? Must be referring to gaming or amateur bloggers :-)

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 01:20 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150803_000351.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	365150

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    so why you pick up iPhone 6 ?? you know it's more expensive than passport......and i doubt you dont know about iPhone limitation before you pick it up?.....so are you one of the victim of apple marketing?

i send lot of email attachment, file, photo. never have any difficulties sending and finding it. and i'm not jailbreaking my iphone or rooting my android......
    08-03-15 02:44 AM
    Your article proves my case of insufficient marketing....

Samsung spent $363 million, Apple spent $351 million, Nokia spent $221 million, Motorola spent $189 million. And BlackBerry spent, in comparison to their competition, an extremely weak $90 million.

Posted with my  Classic
    Last edited by JAS0NB0URNE; 08-03-15 at 05:51 AM.
    08-03-15 04:27 AM
    Your article proves my case of insufficient marketing....

Samsung spent $363 million, Apple spent $351 million, Nokia spent $221 million, Motorola spent $189 million. And BlackBerry spent, in comparison to their competition, an extremely weak $90 million.

Posted with my  Classic
    Perhaps against fierce competition. Just pointing out what people often forget around here ... that they did advertise a lot. There's constantly rhetoric how they never marketed anything, which is completely and utterly wrong.

I still don't believe for 1/10th of a second that them suddenly matching Apple or Samsung dollar for dollar would have the result some believe. It may increase awarenes, but I'm not sure it would directly transform into sales. consumers would ask "and where is Instagram", leaving BlackBerry with a lot of awareness, weak sales and larger losses.
    08-03-15 09:10 AM
    porsche is a premium car...they can sell the 3-5 times other car manufacturer prices

but BlackBerry is not a premium phone, BB average selling price around $240 , it still lower than android average selling price $254, and lot lower if you compare it with iphone average selling price $687
    i didn't finish this thread yet but wait a minute. the fact that BlackBerry phones have low-end pricing does not 'mean' they are a low-end phone. the pricing is forced lower due to lack of sales, which are due to lack of knowledge, which is due to bad media publicity, which feeds the notion that BlackBerry isn't 'cool' anymore by people who know nothing about it.

do YOU have, or have you ever, had a BlackBerry?
    08-03-15 10:00 AM
    It's at least 90% marketing. Trouble is, most of the brain washing that's done early, sticks. I think it was the 80s when the D Mark went through the roof, that Porsche was seriously worried about selling cars, and about 40% of their entire production went to So. California. That did not change, and it helped Porsche out -- some say saved them. I can't think of a lesser friendly environment for a high performance sports car than So. California. California was/is also a big Apple state. When Apple was trying to recover from their near death experience, friends were buying Apple laptops with keys falling off, batteries literally dropping out and screens with dead pixels. Swearing they were the best laptops in the world.
    08-03-15 10:12 AM
    i didn't finish this thread yet but wait a minute. the fact that BlackBerry phones have low-end pricing does not 'mean' they are a low-end phone. the pricing is forced lower due to lack of sales, which are due to lack of knowledge, which is due to bad media publicity, which feeds the notion that BlackBerry isn't 'cool' anymore by people who know nothing about it.

Media and folks without knowledge.

BlackBerry didn't do anything itself?
    08-03-15 10:16 AM

I have had BB since the RIM950. My most recent was the Q10. As I have said I don't think they are even close to being competitive anymore for my requirements. For some people they work well, just not a lot of people. It isn't marketing, it is product.
    eyesopen1111 and Witmen like this.
    08-03-15 10:36 AM
    Perhaps against fierce competition. Just pointing out what people often forget around here ... that they did advertise a lot. There's constantly rhetoric how they never marketed anything, which is completely and utterly wrong.

I still don't believe for 1/10th of a second that them suddenly matching Apple or Samsung dollar for dollar would have the result some believe. It may increase awarenes, but I'm not sure it would directly transform into sales. consumers would ask "and where is Instagram", leaving BlackBerry with a lot of awareness, weak sales and larger losses.
    Many do often falsely claim there was no advertising, I just don't think there was nearly enough and the website you provided detailed that very well. It's nice they spent, but it being much much less than the competition, it wasn't going to lead to them making up market share.

The shame is, the OS has evolved quite powerfully now, being able to run many Android apps. This is something that should have had a marketing blitz about, educating the public.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-03-15 11:43 AM
    ... ...The shame is, the OS has evolved quite powerfully now, being able to run many Android apps. This is something that should have had a marketing blitz about, educating the public.
    This is what i had been highlighting!
    Ever since 10.2, BB should have made a commercial, show it to the world that the NEW BB OS can do stuffs that other operating system can't! However... during that time, when times due, whatever BB earned, a certain percentage have to return back to the creditors... What's left, not much for such campaign.
    08-03-15 01:54 PM
    This is what i had been highlighting!
    Ever since 10.2, BB should have made a commercial, show it to the world that the NEW BB OS can do stuffs that other operating system can't! However... during that time, when times due, whatever BB earned, a certain percentage have to return back to the creditors... What's left, not much for such campaign.
    What things can it do that the others can't?
    08-03-15 02:07 PM
    Ouch... i missed that part.
    I mean @ 10.2, BB device can run apps of other operating system.
    08-03-15 02:14 PM
    An Engineering Manager came to me today asking me on the opinion on the PASSPORT as he is going to receive the same value of voucher i'm getting for our mobile device purchase. As i'm the only person in the office using BB10 device, out from the crowd who're mostly with Androids and iOS, i show him the UI and the hub of my LEAP and Z10 on how the new system works. He was like totally shocked when i download a .apk apps and install successfully as well as run it smoothly with my devices. I had even shown him my personal email which i had created with the hub... all these without the need of subscribing to BIS for the services... which is required in the past with OS7.
    An Engineering Manager... whom i expect he should have learn a thing or 2 about the new OS, totally doesn't know that the "barriers" had removed in the new operating system!!! How would others know?
    08-03-15 02:23 PM
    What things can it do that the others can't?
    Um, should I take a pass at that??
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-03-15 02:40 PM
    Why are so few people owning a Bentley or Ferrari ? The answer is simple they simply cannot afford the luxury!! Same goes with BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    08-03-15 03:05 PM
    Why are so few people owning a Bentley or Ferrari ? The answer is simple they simply cannot afford the luxury!! Same goes with BlackBerry.

[ 10.3.2.2339]
    LOL.
    08-03-15 03:17 PM
    LOL.
    I hate it when I can't tell when people are serious.
    08-03-15 03:23 PM

i already said it before BB10 aim for iPhone price, but it is a failure.

i still own BBOS phone, as my backup phone (never interested with BB10) , but i still help my nephew and cousin pick up their Q10, and Z10 but in just 6 months they change it to iphone, and galaxy
    08-03-15 07:23 PM
154 12345 ...