The truth is BlackBerry doesn't know the word MARKETING, plain and simple. Posted via CB10
    +1000
    That's the Blackberry's 'waterloo'!! But then they don't have much money to spend for marketing and public campaigns. It is a vicious circle but I hope there is bright future in spite of 98% evolving sheeps claiming otherwise.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-02-15 07:52 AM
    Yes there is certain amount disdain for BBRY owners. Everytime I flip out my white Q10 many people give me curious glances( I make it a point to keep the device faceup after receiving/making call or checking mails!!).I think BB10 OS combined with BBRY device IS THE 'ROLLS ROYCE' amongst smartphones.May be that's the reason BBRY marketing guys dont put a modicum of effort, they think device needs no marketing!!
    08-02-15 08:04 AM
    I took my PlayBook to our IT department for something. One guy said "I didn't know BlackBerry was still in business!"

Their marketing department has a lot of work to do to make a comeback.
    MrDoreth likes this.
    08-02-15 08:30 AM
    I took my PlayBook to our IT department for something. One guy said "I didn't know BlackBerry was still in business!"

Their marketing department has a lot of work to do to make a comeback.
    Blackberry ain't interested in making a comeback just keeping afloat is their motto

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-02-15 08:41 AM
    Because this world is full of idiots, perfect victims of fashion and marketing strategies.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:28 AM
    Because this world is full of idiots, perfect victims of fashion and marketing strategies.

Posted via CB10
    Just makes me think of http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-k...ne-round-robin
    I wouldn't call them "victims" or "idiots".
    More like; "to each his own" or "different strokes for different folks".

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10 
    21stNow likes this.
    08-02-15 09:41 AM
    The truth is BlackBerry doesn't know the word MARKETING, plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    Probably, but I'd say marketing is the least of BlackBerry's worries.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    08-02-15 10:22 AM
    The real answer to the question is that most smartphone users are interested primarily in media consumption as opposed to writing/communication. Even more important to some of them is the smartphone as a statement.

In that sense, the car analogy is not so direct, but still does contain some truth.

Price, quality and suitability for purpose are three totally different things. The fact that an i-phone retails for more than a BlackBerry does not make the i-phone "premium" in comparison with the BlackBerry -- it just means it's more expensive.

The Porsche has different performance characteristics from the Kia's. But many if not most urban Porsche drivers are not buying the car for the performance since they will almost never benefit from it -- they are buying the car as a statement. In this case, the "premium" is only a question of cost, since the Kia is equally if not better suited to supermarket trips and to sitting in traffic jams.

If you're willing to put up with the infuriating self-torture of trying to write on a touchscreen, or attempt to communicate and get stuff done on a device primarily designed for taking selfies and playing KandyKrush, then I guess you're like the guy who buys the Porsche to make a statement in a traffic jam. And if you buy the BlackBerry to do what a BlackBerry is for, then you are part of a small market -- like the people buying Porsches to drive 150 miles an hour.

Price is a totally separate matter. If you need (or simply prefer) a BlackBerry, the only reason to pay double for an i-phone is to make a statement. A silly statement.

As far as "up-to-date" versus "out-of-date", when it comes to any tool, which is what a BlackBerry is, there is no such thing -- there is only suitability to purpose. And if the most suitable tool also happens to be cheaper, so much the better.

Posted via CB10
    in term of price BB always aim for iPhone prices (above $600) but it never suceed Z10, Z30, Q10, Passport, and Classic initial price above $600 but because the demand are super low, BB cut their prices

in the end BB is not a Porsche or a Kia , they cant sell BB10 with premium price like Porsche and they cant sell BB10 in large volume like Kia..

VKB are good enough, and the reason why i change my BB to android and ios not because of selfie and candy crush....but i use a lot of apps that only being supported for iphone/android :
    *productivity apps (local banking apps, local stock trading apps, google maps for driving navigation+traffic information+mass transit route when going abroad etc)
    *social network apps (to keep contact with family , friends, work related)
    *fun apps ( because life is not about working 24/7)

maybe with android runtime i can acess all the apps on BB but i dont want to keep guessing will it work or not, or find it working but running poorly)
    08-02-15 10:59 AM
    I rest my case.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:16 AM
    Years ago when blackberry was the only smartphone out there, word of mouth was able to carry them, as everyone had and used blackberries. If they were not using a smart phone at that time, they made sure they looked into a blackberry when it would come time for them to get one.

Presently, word of mouth has lost it's ability to have an effect on people when it comes to blackberry, so now they are forced to have to go the route of advertising, which is something that they had to do very little of when they were sitting on top of the world. They have become such a hard sell because everything passed them up
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-02-15 11:27 AM
    Just makes me think of http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-k...ne-round-robin
    I wouldn't call them "victims" or "idiots".
    More like; "to each his own" or "different strokes for different folks".

Hahaha you make my day

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    08-02-15 11:34 AM
    Best friend's daughter summed it up: "If you have a Blackberry you are not cool." That can be reversed.
    08-02-15 11:36 AM
    Years ago when blackberry was the only smartphone out there, word of mouth was able to carry them, as everyone had and used blackberries. If they were not using a smart phone at that time, they made sure they looked into a blackberry when it would come time for them to get one.

Presently, word of mouth has lost it's ability to have an effect on people when it comes to blackberry, so now they are forced to have to go the route of advertising, which is something that they had to do very little of when they were sitting on top of the world. They have become such a hard sell because everything passed them up
    Blackberry also used to advertise, they had some great commercials, this was one of my favorites that helped make the Torch one of their best selling devices, .
    08-02-15 11:47 AM
    Blackberry also used to advertise, they had some great commercials, this was one of my favorites that helped make the Torch one of their best selling devices, .
    Here is another great commercial,
    08-02-15 12:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    And those "idiots" speak with their wallets.

Posted via C5303
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-02-15 12:18 PM
    I have a Passport , some colleges at work gave Z30's and Passport. I have friends with Z3, Passport and my brother and his wife both got them Leaps, and they love it! Everyone I know who uses BlackBerry OS10 absolutely love it and want nothing else, most of them come from android and iPhone and can't get enough of OS10, it's easy, fast and it just works. My brother's wife had two samsung phone and after she saw his Leap she got herself one too and love it. BlackBerry is IMO the superior device, it's sad though that the Passport in most SP's in South Africa discontinued the Passport due to a lack of interest. That said, you walk into Vodacom or MTN and ask for a BlackBerry Passport and the sales people immediately say oh no sir let me show you the new Samsung and iPhone, I say but I want the Passport and they say but no one uses BlackBerry anymore..... and so it goes. SAD! BlackBerry marketing sucks!

Posted with my Amazing  Passport
    fishlove73 likes this.
    08-02-15 12:26 PM
    It's not that they doesn't know what's marketing is... it's just that do they have the money for advertising? And should they have that money for advertising, where and which area should they magnify on their product in order to draw attentions from other smartphone users in the market?
    Looks? Hardware? Features? ...or software where BB marvels on, yet not much folk would be interested...
    Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

Posted with my  Classic
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-02-15 12:33 PM
    And those "idiots" speak with their wallets.

Posted via C5303
    Idiots are idiots in alls aspects, including don't taking care about their wallets

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-02-15 01:28 PM
    Idiots are idiots in alls aspects, including don't taking care about their wallets

Posted via CB10
    The same could be said about investing in specific companies.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 08-02-15 at 01:57 PM.
    08-02-15 01:29 PM
    Probably, but I'd say marketing is the least of BlackBerry's worries.
    Yes, you have to have something to market. BB clearly meets the needs of a small number of potential customers. But in my experience it is very limited in its capabilities. I, and others here, have compared BB to something along the lines of a "high end dumb phone" rather than a smartphone in 2015. For people with limited demands for their phone it has an attractive price (now that they have dropped prices) and for those who like the PKB it is the only game in town. But it is strikingly limited for most business and personal use.

As an example, I do a lot of business travel. I depend on my phone to manage that. BB isn't close to competitive in that area. Likewise, when traveling, or even when not, I use my phone to manage projects and people who work for me and BB is very limited in that. Some of this is specific project management use, others is messaging, which works much better in Android and iOS. Lots of other examples as well. It is also very useful to me that many of the software tools I use even just for me, not interacting with others, are cross device so that I see the same thing whether on phone, tablet, desktop or notebook computer. That is where modern mobile computing is, and BB isn't for the most part.
    08-02-15 03:57 PM
    The truth is BlackBerry doesn't know the word MARKETING, plain and simple.
    LOL - no.

This debate amuses me endlessly, having seen it from inside companies a thousand times. Engineers blame marketing for woes. Marketing points out flaws in the product engineering made. Sales blames the marketing weaknesses and product weaknesses for why the product won't sell itself.

I will never call BlackBerry a marketing powerhouse, but I remain firmly convinced that if they suddenly pull all their money into a giant billion dollar campaign, we'd have ... big losses, and a dead company.

When BlackBerry 10 came out, people blamed Frank Boulben for BlackBerry 10's failure to take off. "It must be marketing". Because Frank was clearly the reason why there were a million apps on the competition and not on BlackBerry ...
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    08-02-15 04:43 PM
    I honestly can't believe anybody who is smart enough to make it out of bed in the morning and back at night is not smart enough to fully understand why so many prefer an iPhone or android. It's not really up there on the list of life's great mysteries.

And let's stop with the bs insults of those who happen to prefer a different phone. Really? How many more of these narcissistic threads must we endure every single day?
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    08-02-15 05:57 PM
    LOL - no.

This debate amuses me endlessly, having seen it from inside companies a thousand times. Engineers blame marketing for woes. Marketing points out flaws in the product engineering made. Sales blames the marketing weaknesses and product weaknesses for why the product won't sell itself.

I will never call BlackBerry a marketing powerhouse, but I remain firmly convinced that if they suddenly pull all their money into a giant billion dollar campaign, we'd have ... big losses, and a dead company.

When BlackBerry 10 came out, people blamed Frank Boulben for BlackBerry 10's failure to take off. "It must be marketing". Because Frank was clearly the reason why there were a million apps on the competition and not on BlackBerry ...
    There was a big lack of marketing which was sorely needed given the poor reputation of BlackBerry upon the release of BlackBerry 10

Posted with my  Classic
    08-02-15 06:04 PM
    I honestly can't believe anybody who is smart enough to make it out of bed in the morning and back at night is not smart enough to fully understand why so many prefer an iPhone or android. It's not really up there on the list of life's great mysteries.

And let's stop with the bs insults of those who happen to prefer a different phone. Really? How many more of these narcissistic threads must we endure every single day?
    I agree with the sentiment, but same can be said about "How many more of these narcissistic .." -replies- "...must we endure".
    lol

08-02-15 06:05 PM
    I agree with the sentiment, but same can be said about "How many more of these narcissistic .." -replies- "...must we endure".
    lol

The replies aren't narcissistic, and their number just might depend on how many there are to reply to.
    08-02-15 06:09 PM
154 1234 ...