Every time I make the shocking revelation that both my phones are Blackberry I get the same response. A wistful sigh and the comment "oh I loved my Blackberry". I am going to start asking why they left if they loved it, but I am curious if others get this reaction and what they think.
    07-31-15 06:46 PM
    "They" probably mean to say that they loved their legacy device back in the day. Many ppl still haven't realized that BlackBerry has a brand new OS.
    Plus, the masses are into certain apps that are hard -if not impossible- to get to work on BlackBerry

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10 
    kanungoash likes this.
    07-31-15 06:51 PM
    07-31-15 09:17 PM
    \=D/ *PARTY* SHEEPIES*PARTY* \=D/

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    07-31-15 09:18 PM
    This certainly is a loaded question...

Posted with my  Classic
    07-31-15 09:29 PM
    Actually, was in a network meeting when actress looks at my Z10 and asks me: "Do you have an iPhone in a Black Berry case?" Showed her the Z10 which was greeted like a revelation. This while her manager explains to the room that BBerry is the only truly, secure phone on the market. Maybe we have a convert?
    07-31-15 09:42 PM
    Because we don't like to be like everybody else. I am canadian so I support a Canadian company

Posted via CB10
    thejfadams and Carjackd like this.
    07-31-15 09:46 PM
    I read an article last year, it said "it is just blackberry is not cool anymore".
    Apple attacked it right in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 12:33 AM
    Because we are the cool kids. That's why.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    08-01-15 02:17 AM
    Firstly so few people use a BlackBerry because most people can't buy them. #BlackBerry phones are not easily available for sale in the market.

It is also not cool to have one because you will be considered out of date.

There is a horrible stigma to use this phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:21 AM
    Because we are the cool kids. That's why.

Will you please add me on Facebook "Hrishi Namdhar"
    I also love this brand... I am not professional person and not working yet, but still security is our priority thats why I have my BlackBerry.
    Sometimes when ppl realise I am using BlackBerry smartphone they look me twice again... those people who know me, they ask me is this original or Copy... I simply reply check this if you know about BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 03:03 AM
    Firstly so few people use a BlackBerry because most people can't buy them. #BlackBerry phones are not easily available for sale in the market.

It is also not cool to have one because you will be considered out of date.

There is a horrible stigma to use this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it's not that people don't use BlackBerry because of its availability.
    The limited availability of BlackBerry is BECAUSE of the fact people don't use it. I don't see reason for markets to sell something that won't be demanded.

And also, just because you're "Out of date", doesn't mean you're not cool. You can use a BlackBerry but still have other factors that outweigh it. Either way, what's really outdated is people thinking that BlackBerry 10 doesn't even exist.

Last edited by JamBueree; 08-02-15 at 10:16 AM.
    eduzojordan and anon(8908445) like this.
    08-01-15 04:29 AM
    Most of the folks around me still living in the thoughts that to use BlackBerry services, such as BBM and Apps World... they have to pay a little more ontop of the initial monthly mobile service subscriptions. And they're still not convinced that we can now setup email account with OS10 without the need of BIS.
    Duh...
    08-01-15 05:12 AM
    people don't realize that how perfectly the new OS works and how it is helpful in our daily routine. They have no idea what they are missing on. BlackBerry all the way.

Posted via CB10
    lilredcass likes this.
    08-01-15 06:08 AM
    It's about time they start to use some of their patents,get innovative and produce a winner,Foxconn is going to start production of retail robots,they can surely pump out a new BB beast of Innovation,get it going.lol
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-01-15 06:30 AM
    Marketing...most people are not aware of what Blackberry offers in devices and how good OS10 performs.
    08-01-15 06:47 AM
    Many more people drive Kias than Porsches. Must be because the old Porsche design is just so outdated.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 and MrDoreth like this.
    08-01-15 08:40 PM
    Many more people drive Kias than Porsches. Must be because the old Porsche design is just so outdated.

Posted via CB10
    No.

Car analogies almost NEVER work with phones. There almost as bad as the McDonald's analogies.

BlackBerry devices are sold at pretty much the same price (or less) than the competition. Which is BlackBerry, the Kia or the Porsche?
    08-01-15 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    porsche is a premium car...they can sell the 3-5 times other car manufacturer prices

but BlackBerry is not a premium phone, BB average selling price around $240 , it still lower than android average selling price $254, and lot lower if you compare it with iphone average selling price $687
    08-01-15 09:00 PM
    No.

Car analogies almost NEVER work with phones. There almost as bad as the McDonald's analogies.

BlackBerry devices are sold at pretty much the same price (or less) than the competition. Which is BlackBerry, the Kia or the Porsche?
    Yeah it's like when someone compares a 9-5 worker to a professional athlete. Not quite the same.

Posted with my  Classic
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-01-15 09:37 PM
    people don't realize that how perfectly the new OS works ... ...
    This is so true! In fact when one of my colleague played with my z10, she keep asking, "how to scroll to the icon?"
    Duuuh...
    08-01-15 10:25 PM
    I think it's two reasons...

1. Lack of awareness of BB10 and the current generation of devices / capabilities

2. Lack of company support for them (either not available as choices for employees select or their IT does not allow them to access email if they BYOD with a blackberry, etc.)

I really hope BlackBerry has both (all three) of these high on their marketing agenda!

Posted via CB10
    MrDoreth likes this.
    08-01-15 11:07 PM
    The truth is BlackBerry doesn't know the word MARKETING, plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 11:25 PM
    It's not that they doesn't know what's marketing is... it's just that do they have the money for advertising? And should they have that money for advertising, where and which area should they magnify on their product in order to draw attentions from other smartphone users in the market?
    Looks? Hardware? Features? ...or software where BB marvels on, yet not much folk would be interested...
    08-02-15 01:16 AM
    No.

The real answer to the question is that most smartphone users are interested primarily in media consumption as opposed to writing/communication. Even more important to some of them is the smartphone as a statement.

In that sense, the car analogy is not so direct, but still does contain some truth.

Price, quality and suitability for purpose are three totally different things. The fact that an i-phone retails for more than a BlackBerry does not make the i-phone "premium" in comparison with the BlackBerry -- it just means it's more expensive.

The Porsche has different performance characteristics from the Kia's. But many if not most urban Porsche drivers are not buying the car for the performance since they will almost never benefit from it -- they are buying the car as a statement. In this case, the "premium" is only a question of cost, since the Kia is equally if not better suited to supermarket trips and to sitting in traffic jams.

If you're willing to put up with the infuriating self-torture of trying to write on a touchscreen, or attempt to communicate and get stuff done on a device primarily designed for taking selfies and playing KandyKrush, then I guess you're like the guy who buys the Porsche to make a statement in a traffic jam. And if you buy the BlackBerry to do what a BlackBerry is for, then you are part of a small market -- like the people buying Porsches to drive 150 miles an hour.

Price is a totally separate matter. If you need (or simply prefer) a BlackBerry, the only reason to pay double for an i-phone is to make a statement. A silly statement.

As far as "up-to-date" versus "out-of-date", when it comes to any tool, which is what a BlackBerry is, there is no such thing -- there is only suitability to purpose. And if the most suitable tool also happens to be cheaper, so much the better.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan and vanrickman like this.
    08-02-15 07:23 AM
154 123 ...