The key2 has white letters on the keyboard and brown letters for the punctuation and
    letters ie all the stuff accessed by the shirt key. It cannot be read and is therefore non functional Was sold by Etisalat in a box and the brown numbers do not show on thier website. They have refused refund. I have a phone which is not useable.
    How can I get a keyboard with all white letters and symbols on black? It is a disgrace and this phone should be withdrawn so if you want a proper legible useable English keyboard dont buy the key2
    08-17-18 04:19 AM
    The key2 has white letters on the keyboard and brown letters for the punctuation and
    letters ie all the stuff accessed by the shirt key. It cannot be read and is therefore non functional Was sold by Etisalat in a box and the brown numbers do not show on thier website. They have refused refund. I have a phone which is not useable.
    How can I get a keyboard with all white letters and symbols on black? It is a disgrace and this phone should be withdrawn so if you want a proper legible useable English keyboard dont buy the key2
    You can try Night Mode. Under device settings - > Display you will find the option to turn on Night mode.

Once on, you can increase the backlight of the keyboard beyond what it normally is.
    Might help you see the symbols a bit better.
    08-17-18 06:14 PM
    I think it's more of a grey actually but I see your point. Would have been nice to be a few shades lighter or even white. Not sure why they decided to go that dark.
    08-17-18 06:41 PM
    Why weren't those made a little bigger? It looks like there's room.
    08-17-18 06:54 PM
    I actually like the idea of having the symbols and letters different shades. But I agree, the keyboard backlight is by far the dimmest of all modern blackberry keyboards I've seen, including the Key1.

The letters and symbols aren't painted on - I think they are laser etched. The symbols just had less material removed I believe which makes them less transparent.

If they can release a software update that increases the back light brightness to the maximum possible (as we can see is possible using night mode), that would certainly help.
    08-17-18 07:04 PM
    I actually like the idea of having the symbols and letters different shades. But I agree, the keyboard backlight is by far the dimmest of all modern blackberry keyboards I've seen, including the Key1.

The letters and symbols aren't painted on - I think they are laser etched. The symbols just had less material removed I believe which makes them less transparent.

If they can release a software update that increases the back light brightness to the maximum possible (as we can see is possible using night mode), that would certainly help.
    The symbols certainly pop out a lot more when you are in a dark room, and the keyboard is lit. I find they are least legible in daylight settings when the backlighting is almost imperceptible. The fact they are different from the main keys doesn't bother me either, but perhaps they could have been just a tad brighter...I see OP's point, though I wouldn't call them illegible either.
    08-17-18 07:35 PM
    Thanks your input, very helpful about the backlit keyboard. I bought the key2 in Dubai and the white letters are smaller than the photos of the english keyboard because in addition to the numbers and punctuation being in brown they have added arabic symbols in brown. I have just requested that I have a key2 which is the same as the one in US and europe, even grey is an improvement. I woudllike to upload the picture as an attachment from my laptop if someone can tell me how to do that.!
    08-18-18 01:38 AM