Each time i browse with my blackberry Z10, it get hot. Please what could be the problem?
    I need a lasting solution to this because many of my readers at www.techbmc.com need the solution desperately, even me too, my z10 hots like baking oven. Please help with solution, so that i can help my readers as well. Thank you all.
    05-21-17 11:18 AM
    Each time i browse with my blackberry Z10, it get hot. Please what could be the problem?
    I need a lasting solution to this because many of my readers at www.techbmc.com need the solution desperately, even me too, my z10 hots like baking oven. Please help with solution, so that i can help my readers as well. Thank you all.
    Well, since you appear to run a tech blog, you really shouldn't have to go somewhere for answers, but I'll give you the short and skinny.

There is no fix.

The Z10 is 4 years old, and runs an antiquated processor.

Phones get old, their processors became exhausted and the battery life depletes.

Software becomes unstable as well, and I bet a lot of your readers use android apps that have only become more resource intensive.

BB10 is a dead OS. And as much as it sucks, the advice for your readers is to upgrade.
    05-21-17 12:16 PM
    Well, a baking oven typically runs at 170 C+. The temperature at which human skin burns is 60C+. So keep the number of the Fire Department handy. :-)

The Z10 chip is located on the upper right third, looking at the back of the phone. Heat gets dissipated into the phone body, so it feels warm with extended use.

Some people seem to regard this as a major failing, for others it's just not an issue.

"BB10 is a dead OS. And as much as it sucks, the advice for your readers is to upgrade."

Well, not really. There's not much app development for it, but BB10 doesn't need Google services to run, it's not sending your location, your searches, your called numbers, call time and duration, your YouTube viewing, your age and gender, your credit card details, your web browsing details, your email content, your calendar, your SMS messages and a lot more back to Google, so for some people, BB10 is almost perfect.

Also BB10 latest upgrade is NIAP Certified as of 21-Jan-2017, so if you want NSA-certified security over feeding Google your data for free, BB10 is as good as it gets in 2017.

The NIAP Certification expires in 2019 so ask again then.
    05-22-17 02:06 AM
    Well, a baking oven typically runs at 170 C+. The temperature at which human skin burns is 60C+. So keep the number of the Fire Department handy. :-)

The Z10 chip is located on the upper right third, looking at the back of the phone. Heat gets dissipated into the phone body, so it feels warm with extended use.

Some people seem to regard this as a major failing, for others it's just not an issue.

"BB10 is a dead OS. And as much as it sucks, the advice for your readers is to upgrade."

Well, not really. There's not much app development for it, but BB10 doesn't need Google services to run, it's not sending your location, your searches, your called numbers, call time and duration, your YouTube viewing, your age and gender, your credit card details, your web browsing details, your email content, your calendar, your SMS messages and a lot more back to Google, so for some people, BB10 is almost perfect.

Also BB10 latest upgrade is NIAP Certified as of 21-Jan-2017, so if you want NSA-certified security over feeding Google your data for free, BB10 is as good as it gets in 2017.

The NIAP Certification expires in 2019 so ask again then.
    99/100 people want a working phone. It's true that they harvest your data, but who doesn't?

If you want real protection, then you can't use a smartphone. Even if BlackBerry doesn't harvest your data, the services you use on it do.

That certification is only when paired with a BES server, and even then the only reason it's secure is because no one cares about it.

Listen, I love BB10 too. But it's a dead OS. Things will stop working, and then you'll havs bigger problems than just a hot phone.
    05-22-17 02:29 AM
    "even then the only reason it's secure is because no one cares about it. "

I do so love a touch of humour in the mornings. :-)
    05-22-17 03:51 AM
    "even then the only reason it's secure is because no one cares about it. "

I do so love a touch of humour in the mornings. :-)
    Securiry through obscurity.

Besides, any truly well funded and motivated organization will ge the contents of your device, whether you like it or not.
    05-22-17 04:50 AM