myblackberry curve 9360 phone is connecting with wifi but no internet acces how to overcome this problem
    10-27-14 12:10 AM
    What are you trying to access? How do you know you have no internet access?

Some apps, especially on BB7 and previous, will not work on WiFi unless your wireless plan is set up for this. My mom was using a Curve 9360 on Telus with a social network data plan. This gave her access to facebook, twitter and BBM on her data plan. In order to use BB App World to update or install new apps, she would have to connect to WiFi. The best way to ensure that your plan is set up correctly, is to look at the top right corner of the screen. You should have the WiFi symbol as well as the 4 little BB dots. This combination "should" allow you to access the internet through any app or browser.
    10-27-14 11:10 AM
    Really? I never had that issue on OS7 or OS10. Is there a source somewhere for that? I'm sure you're right, its just news to me.
    I should clarify my previous statement. Without a data plan of some sort on OS7 and previous, some apps would not work regardless of Wi-Fi connection or not. This is mainly due to some apps on OS7 and previous requiring a connection to the BlackBerry servers. Facebook and BBM for example, needed a connection to the BlackBerry servers not just a wi-fi connection. I know this because the one time my service got cut for an overdue payment, I could connect to wi-fi and get some apps to work but not all. BB10 doesn't have the BlackBerry server requirement that OS7 did so all apps should work on a wi-fi only connection.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:50 PM