Hey All,

Please be gentle, I don't really know much about technology.

My problem is my Bold told me I had a software update, from 7.0 to 7.1, I ignored it for a while but the phone was running slow so I thought it might be because of that and I clicked download.

Took all of last night to download the update, then this morning it said it would need two hours to install it, during which I couldn't use the phone. I clicked install, it shot up to 14% overall backup process and then froze with 0% social feeds.

Basically a software update I didn't particularly want or need appears to have rendered my phone useless.

Can someone suggest something else to try (in very simple terms cause I don't know what I'm doing!)

Thanks
    03-30-15 04:01 AM
    Those OTA updates are really poison for most phones. I don't know why they insist on sending them out.

You need to find a copy of the OS you want to load and download it to your PC, install it and then run the loader.exe.

in the meantime, try rebooting your phone and see if it will pick up where it left off.
    03-30-15 05:21 AM