I have purchased Black Berry Priv on March 12th 2018 (not so wise purchase according to all my frens), I have updated it to android 6 but I found the battery life to be poor. The battery drains extremely fast and with no good backup. In normal use it goes within 10 hrs. Is there any solution to it??

Hoping for Nougat update soon..
    03-23-18 10:33 AM
    I have purchased Black Berry Priv on March 12th 2018 (not so wise purchase according to all my frens), I have updated it to android 6 but I found the battery life to be poor. The battery drains extremely fast and with no good backup. In normal use it goes within 10 hrs. Is there any solution to it??

Hoping for Nougat update soon..
    There will be no updates for this phone at all. The final security patch was last Oct, and the device is now EOL.

The Priv was built in 2015/2016. Lithium ion batteries lose about 20% of their capacity per year (even if unused), so I would suspect it is substantially degraded by now.

Try a factory reset, and don't load any apps for the first day. See how long it lasts after a full charge using the stock charger.
    03-23-18 10:58 AM
    Restart your phone and make sure that no apps are running the background. Turn battery save mode on and shutdown your phone when you know that you won't be needing it for long periods of time.

Here are some tips to conserve a phone battery.

1. Don't charge your battery when it's over 25%
    2. Have battery save mode on for as long as possible
    3. Shut your phone off when you don't need it for over an hour.
    4. Make sure that no apps are running in the background.
    5. Check your storage and delete unessacary applications and media.

I hope that this helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-18 07:41 PM
    I pulled a few tips from the forums, you can search the forums for exact instructions, but i did the following and noticed substantially better performance from my PRIV, it now lasts more than 24 hours with moderate use, whereas before it was draining after 8-9 hours.

1) If you don't use LTE a lot, or have sporadic LTE coverage, disable it completely and connect to cellular using 4G only. Searching for LTE drains the PRIV like crazy

2) In DEV mode, down-clock animations to 0.5x

3) Diasble location services when not using them, and make sure apps only access location services when active

4) Queue background data in your settings, so that android background data only gets transmitted when you are on a wifi connection

5) Disable the auto-brightness functionality for your screen. Set the brightness to 6-70% maximum unless needing more

6) use a battery monitor to see which apps are sucking your battery dry.

I found that after doing all this, the priv functions beautifully
    EskeRahn likes this.
    03-25-18 08:07 PM
    A somewhat late reply (sorry), but have a look at some of the suggestions I collected.

Actually mine can last over a week, with light usage. The screen is usually the real culprit, eating roughly 10% of the capacity per hour - depending on the brightness

If your priv eats of the battery quickly while it is supposed to do (almost) nothing, you should look for rouge apps. Preinstalled or installed by you.
    06-03-18 03:29 AM