My blackberry 9900 battery is drained even when phone is off pls can anyone help
    08-10-15 12:20 AM
    You should probably load a new OS and then carefully inspect which apps you are using.
    08-10-15 05:49 AM
    You should probably load a new OS and then carefully inspect which apps you are using.
    jaydee, an advice: if you want to post "you should load a new OS" (which happens about once per day) ... don't post this. It's almost always useless and not helpful at all. Did you understand the term "phone is off"?

OP, how much energy do you lose per day (or per hour)? Some few percent on a day is normal behavior of every accu, this has technical reasons. An accu also uncharges himself if it isn't built in at all. Wait two month and it's completely empty. Reducing this effect would cost a lot of money.

The accu capacity depends also on temperature. If you want to speak about loss of energy you must ensure to have the same temperatures. A cold (or even frozen) accu has normally a much smaller capacity compared with exactly the same accu under room temperature and above.
    habs_fan and 3hb78ftg like this.
    08-10-15 06:10 AM
    Probably a defective battery.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-10-15 06:30 AM
    He's asking about a 9900.
    I didn't have one, but had the 9700 and I think they're similar where this is concerned. Unlike the BB10 devices, powering off a 9xxx phone doesn't really turn the phone off. It's really in a standby mode, so battery consumption will be happening.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:53 AM
    I agree with fastmarc. The battery never really turns off. But I have no idea why it would be dying so fast. Maybe it's time for a new battery. I miss removable batteries.

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    08-10-15 07:35 AM
    He's asking about a 9900.
    I didn't have one, but had the 9700 and I think they're similar where this is concerned. Unlike the BB10 devices, powering off a 9xxx phone doesn't really turn the phone off. It's really in a standby mode, so battery consumption will be happening.

Posted via CB10
    It could be as you say it's on standby mode. I didn't remember if it was discharging on my 97xx before when on its perceived off state.

But if it's discharging at a much faster rate then there could be a problem somewhere on the hardware?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    08-10-15 07:40 AM