Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Today Yahoo mail stopped sending outgoing mail from both my Priv and my KEYone. This is on both yahoo accounts. I had both important personal and business emails I was sending out. I did not change settings. I can send from my PC. My suspicion is that something has been changed at Yahoo. Because it is on both units. They have been sending warnings that the yahoo mail won't work on less secure options but that is very weird since it is BlackBerry phones. I have the settings in the yahoo mail so it should allow these emails. But the BlackBerry Hub is not exactly what I would consider unsecured. I sent tweets to Yahoo help and to BlackBerry help but maybe someone here has a solution.
    08-14-17 10:28 PM
    Had the same thing happen earlier. I presume too it's on Yahoo's end, and resending emails this evening worked. Hopefully the issue is resolved.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-14-17 11:21 PM
    Had the same thing happen earlier. I presume too it's on Yahoo's end, and resending emails this evening worked. Hopefully the issue is resolved.
    Mine came back for a while last night but is now down again this morning. (West Coast US). Incoming works so far but replies don't go out. Serious problem. Is yours working today?
    08-15-17 10:05 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm currently on the phone with BB trying to get a one-time "incident-based" tech support.

My issue: Yesterday mysteriously and for no reason all of my yahoo accounts stopped working (didn't send) on my Q10. They had worked perfectly before. (I was able to send for a couple of hours again, and then nothing.)

I tried everything that has helped in the past: Deleting the accounts and adding them again, restarting -- of course -- etc. etc. and nothing worked. Every time I tried to add the accounts, this is what happened. (screen shots attached.)

I was looking at getting a new phone, (though my Q10 is PERFECTLY FINE,) and now I see that even people with other phones are having the issue!

Please advise if anyone knows anything, or at least -- log your issues here if you are having the same problem!

GOD I hate Yahoo!
    Attached Thumbnails Why isnt Yahoo mail sending outgoing mail from my KEYone or my PRIV via the Hub?-img_20170815_043404.png  
    08-15-17 01:27 PM
    It was a problem again this morning, and working fine currently.

Adding an account brings on a whole new challenge. Check your account settings through the browser, and make sure less secure app access is on and two step verification is off.
    08-15-17 02:01 PM
    Still down. (Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ) no one responding from yahoo on twitter. I don't seem to be able to send out either. the yahoo app works but grrr I don't want to use it. I saw some posts on Twitter from iPhone users having a what sounds like a similar problem. They got brief responses on twitter.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    08-15-17 03:27 PM
    Bianca,

Thank you, that is exactly the message I am getting and can find nothing from Yahoo on the subject.

Question, can you install the Yahoo app on your Q10 if you wanted to use it?

I will try anything to get easier access to my email as doing it via the browser is a drag...
    08-15-17 03:57 PM
    Meh, it's probably just getting hacked again, LoL. TG all I typically use either of my Yahoo accounts for anymore is junk mail.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-15-17 04:02 PM
    Bianca,

Thank you, that is exactly the message I am getting and can find nothing from Yahoo on the subject.

Question, can you install the Yahoo app on your Q10 if you wanted to use it?

I will try anything to get easier access to my email as doing it via the browser is a drag...
    I tried to find the yahoo app via BBW, but I only found some paid apps with bad reviews. Using Yahoo through the browser is a no-go for me, because I need to toggle between three yahoo accounts. Basically, the BB Hub is PERFECTION, and it's what I want to use.

I spent an hour today on the phone with BB support. We got nowhere. They'll call me back tomorrow, and we'll try again.

In the meantime, if you have any intel on the Yahoo app for BB Q10, do share -- keeping in mind that I need to be able to use multiple accounts.

Yahoo really sucks.
    08-15-17 04:02 PM
    I tried to find the yahoo app via BBW, but I only found some paid apps with bad reviews. Using Yahoo through the browser is a no-go for me, because I need to toggle between three yahoo accounts. Basically, the BB Hub is PERFECTION, and it's what I want to use.

I spent an hour today on the phone with BB support. We got nowhere. They'll call me back tomorrow, and we'll try again.

In the meantime, if you have any intel on the Yahoo app for BB Q10, do share -- keeping in mind that I need to be able to use multiple accounts.

Yahoo really sucks.
    There's no sense wasting yours or BlackBerry's time. The issue is Yahoo's.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-15-17 04:30 PM
    I am also using 3 accounts on the hub. 2 are important ones. I lost outgoing first and then incoming too. Then one got working and the other finally started working for incoming but not outgoing last night. I will check the outgoing again on both accounts and report back. The yahoo app continues to work (for android--I have it set up on my PRIV but not my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It seems Yahoo wants to force people to use their app. It not working on both phones in the Hub is what tipped me off that it is probably a Yahoo issue.
    08-16-17 10:47 AM
    08-16-17 12:33 PM
    There's no sense wasting yours or BlackBerry's time. The issue is Yahoo's.
    Well, I paid them. SO the wasted time was mine, and it's not the first time f'n Yahoo has done it.
    08-16-17 12:54 PM
    OK! So it's working now. With Blackberry's help I got through the insanity, and now I'm back to happily using and loving my Q10.

Are you guys having the same experience?
    08-16-17 12:55 PM
    My yahoo email is back working for the email accounts that I access in the hub. I knew it was more than just my phone because the emails didn't work on either my PRIV or my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. For a while yesterday one was up and the other wasn't.
    08-16-17 07:07 PM
    But did they issue any kind of statement? No. ****ers.
    Or you could even call them a bunch of "yahoos"...

As another user here said, yahoo is not the most reputable anymore. It might be time to retire your account to "junk mail" status and hang onto it for instances where you need to provide a valid address but don't want all of the inevitable spam that will follow.
    08-16-17 07:57 PM
    Or you could even call them a bunch of "yahoos"...

As another user here said, yahoo is not the most reputable anymore. It might be time to retire your account to "junk mail" status and hang onto it for instances where you need to provide a valid address but don't want all of the inevitable spam that will follow.
    Actually, when Marissa Meyer first wielded her evil stick and completely ruined Yahoo Mail, (the interface and functions got STOOPID for a while, and kept crashing and was just bad,) I tried to switch. Their attitude was so rough then, too -- example: after a several-day long crash, their help site just had a picture of a crying baby and it said something like "we're working on it." It was such a huge attitude change from the Yahoo we all knew and loved, and I thought oh hell no -- I'm not doing this anymore. But, I had that address since the dawn of the internet, and all my people know it by heart. I wanted to forward my mail to another, so I can still use Yahoo but not deal with them, and of course -- it was such a nightmare to forward my mail, that I simply gave up. It also helps that I really don't like Gmail's interface at all -- I find it disorienting and weird -- so I had no obvious alternative beckoning me...

I just want this to work FOR me, not to have to devote huge chunks of my life to learning how to please it. You know?! That's why I like my Blackberry. For the most part, it does what I need it to do, and leaves me alone the rest of the time.
    08-16-17 08:04 PM
    Actually, when Marissa Meyer first wielded her evil stick and completely ruined Yahoo Mail, (the interface and functions got STOOPID for a while, and kept crashing and was just bad,) I tried to switch. Their attitude was so rough then, too -- example: after a several-day long crash, their help site just had a picture of a crying baby and it said something like "we're working on it." It was such a huge attitude change from the Yahoo we all knew and loved, and I thought oh hell no -- I'm not doing this anymore. But, I had that address since the dawn of the internet, and all my people know it by heart. I wanted to forward my mail to another, so I can still use Yahoo but not deal with them, and of course -- it was such a nightmare to forward my mail, that I simply gave up. It also helps that I really don't like Gmail's interface at all -- I find it disorienting and weird -- so I had no obvious alternative beckoning me...

I just want this to work FOR me, not to have to devote huge chunks of my life to learning how to please it. You know?! That's why I like my Blackberry. For the most part, it does what I need it to do, and leaves me alone the rest of the time.
    I hear you. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Gmail either. I have it and use it but I've decided to make the switch and pay for my primary email client. I started using Fastmail about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. The interface is great, it's genuinely private and secure, it's true to its name (very fast, indeed) and worth every penny!
    08-16-17 08:50 PM
    I hear you. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Gmail either. I have it and use it but I've decided to make the switch and pay for my primary email client. I started using Fastmail about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. The interface is great, it's genuinely private and secure, it's true to its name (very fast, indeed) and worth every penny!
    Thank you, good to know! I've never heard of them. I'll check it out!
    08-16-17 08:54 PM