I am not using the z10 a lot lately. It ran out of battery, and now plugged it in the morning.. It is not charging and not turning on. The phone turns the red light for a couple of seconds and then shows "blackberry"... then repeats. it doesnt load.

What can I do? Thanks!!
    09-30-14 01:46 PM
    This is a known bug with certain versions of Z10 OS. If you have a computer nearby, just leave it plugged in to the USB port for a day or so (without trying to turn it on). Once it turns on, update to the latest software.
    09-30-14 01:50 PM
    My son does this all the time with my old Z10 ( it replaced his Android), I find it is no issue if you have an old Playbook charger around, it never fails to get his Z10 up and running. Must be that it is sending the voltage at higher amps to charge the phone...only a guess.
    09-30-14 02:05 PM
    Yeah it's a documented issue with a specific OS version.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-30-14 02:49 PM
    Ok I reinstalled the new update last week. I took my battery out last night when I put it back in it would go to the circle operating system logo to load the phone each time it would get a quarter of the way round and then crash. I looked at all the posts volume buttons, taking battery out etc.

In disappointment I took it to the EE shop ready for the inevitable but I did the following and fixed the phone. One of the guys as a last chance suggested taking it to a local "phone" shop who observed the issue but could not fix it.

The light thing is a red herring in my opinion whatever colour etc. I installed Blackberry link on my PC and tried to connect a number of times then by accident I found a solution. As I restarted the phone for the 100th time I pressed on the circle operating button it gave me a percentage value I kept pressing and the % continued to go up until finally the phone sprang back to life Boom!!!
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-02-14 09:53 AM
    I don't think the percentage indicator had anything to do with it (but who knows!), but it's literally a matter of chance that it will get past whatever section of the boot sequence it is crashing at. That's why sometimes hooking it up to a computer USB while it is continually going through the re-start cycle will allow you to 'catch it' far enough into the sequence to read it with Link or at least initiated an OS install autoloader.
    10-03-14 09:16 AM
    It's a known issue. Try to reload through USB without starting your Z10. After 6hrs he'll start anyway. Upgrade OS to 10.2.1.2977. Good luck!

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.2977 OUTSTANDING ? AMAZING
    10-07-14 04:30 AM