So I've downloaded BlackBerry Blend a while ago to check out the UI and how it looks but after a while I said I'll use blend when it comes out for other devices. I decided to download BlackBerry Link again but for some reason I tried to uninstall BlackBerry Blend and it would give me an error code... any suggestions on how I can get Blend uninstalled?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:14 PM
    If you're on a Windows computer, you can try booting to Safe Mode. It is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers as possible causes. If a recently installed program, device, or driver prevents Windows from running correctly, you can start your computer in safe mode and then remove the program that's causing the problem.

To enter Safe Mode, Restart your computer then do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter, but more often just choose "Safe Mode".

Your computer will then load the basic drivers, a prompt will appear to enter your password (if you have), and you get a black desktop with Safe Mode written to the four corners of the screen to inform you that you are now in Safe Mode.

Uninstall Blend normally by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features or via 3rd-party programs like CCleaner.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    If you're on a Windows computer, you can try booting to Safe Mode. It is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers as possible causes. If a recently installed program, device, or driver prevents Windows from running correctly, you can start your computer in safe mode and then remove the program that's causing the problem.

To enter Safe Mode, Restart your computer then do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter, but more often just choose "Safe Mode".

Your computer will then load the basic drivers, a prompt will appear to enter your password (if you have), and you get a black desktop with Safe Mode written to the four corners of the screen to inform you that you are now in Safe Mode.

Uninstall Blend normally by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features or via 3rd-party programs like CCleaner.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    shazaib hyder1 likes this.
    12-21-14 11:39 PM
    Thank you but I tried safe mode but even then I got a message saying "An error occurred during the uninstallation of the software" "Error Code -2147023293" Is BlackBerry Blend messing with my laptop?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:26 PM
    I believe you need to try to restore your laptop for a previous point..you can find that in control panel. Or just format it.
    But this shouldnt happen because i did the same.
    Maybe a bug? I dont know ...have you tried to restart your laptop normally then tried again

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:39 PM
    Thank you but I tried safe mode but even then I got a message saying "An error occurred during the uninstallation of the software" "Error Code -2147023293" Is BlackBerry Blend messing with my laptop?
    Could you please provide a screenshot of it?

I believe you need to try to restore your laptop for a previous point..you can find that in control panel. Or just format it.
    NO. You don't need to format your laptop for a single, problematic program. Of course, it will be your last resort, but its not recommended.
    12-22-14 10:32 PM
    Of course. But to inform you, I have uninstalled BlackBerry Blend with CCleaner and took out every BlackBerry Program I saw. I tried to once again download Link but it doesn't seem to work

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 12:13 PM