Tried finding a question here like mine but all of them were from 2013 or lacked sufficient detail.

Recently I received the Blackberry Classic from Verizon and I love it except for this one really annoying feature.

Gmail is simply not working as it was with my Windows Phone. Before when I would receive emails from my 3 Gmail accounts on my phone and read them, when I went to the desktop, they would not appear as unread messages.

I have made sure that IMAP is enabled on my Gmail accounts. I turned sync time down to 5 minutes and made the sync interval forever. Push is enabled. IMAP is pointing the right direction on my Blackberry...what gives? This really is pretty annoying having to check my emails twice on desktop and phone.

Here are more detailed instances:

- Emails appear instantly on my phone, faster than my Checker Plus for Gmail, but when I mark them as read, nothing happens server-side.

- Spent the whole morning checking off 10 emails on my phone, responding etc. When I logged in to my computer at home this afternoon, I had 10 unread emails. They are the same emails.

- When I mark a message as read on Gmail, sometimes it will sync to the phone and the message will disappear from the Blackberry Hub, other times nothing happens.

Is there anything I can do, or that you see I did wrong? Or is this something where I have to wait for a software update.

Please help! Thank you.
    03-24-15 11:54 AM
    Can anyone shed some light here?
    05-04-15 10:48 AM