Hello,

I backed loaded everything on to my sandisk 64gb memory card from my HTC m8 before selling it hoping to have my 2000+ contacts that i can transfer over plus my pics etc.

When I load it into my passport it just says media card problems go to settings. It tries to download a new software for it but it doesn't work. If someone can help me fix this without having to wipe everything on my SD card that would be great. I can really afford to lose all those contacts.

Thank you.
    11-18-14 01:01 AM
    San Disc cards have known issues...I changed to Patriot Cards and have no more issues.
    11-18-14 03:09 AM
    is the disk accessible from another channel? a pc or another device?

Note upfront that the issue has nothing to do with the passport itself
    i bought a class-1 64gb extreme plus sandisk and put it in my z30 after cutting all the files from my older class-10 sandisk 64gb card that never gave me any problem. i lost all the files on the newer card because it suddenly became unreadable and required formatting
    11-18-14 03:23 AM
    I have been using a SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-I/U3 card in my Passport for about a month now with no issues. The device did download the exFAT driver it needed when the card was inserted, which may be the reason for the issues being experienced here.

OP:
    Can you check to see if the card was formatted as exFAT?

Also, as was mentioned before, do you have the ability to connect the card to a PC (using an adapter and card reader, etc...)? If so, you may want to transfer your data to the PC temporarily, format the card using the Passport, then reload your data.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Last edited by PapiPabs; 11-18-14 at 06:09 AM.
    11-18-14 05:49 AM