Dear All,

I have backed up my device blackberry Porshe P9983 on my laptop the I have restored the phone to factory settings, since one week I'm trying to restore the backup on the phone but I receive this error " the operation was cancelled and some items were not restored"

I have tried every possible way, install and uninstall blackberry link, update, trying to install the backup on another device, sign in BBID in both laptop and the phone, trying to restore an old backup file thinking that the file is damaged, everything but I have lost the hope.

I really need my contacts from this backup bbb file and I don't know what to do, seeking your kind assistance.

Regards
    02-21-18 01:15 PM
    Have you tried doing a limited restore of only your contacts?

Have you tried using Device Switch in stead of Restore?

In the end many here don't recommend LINK, because if fails so often. And the BBB file is an encrypted file that is pretty much useless.... BlackBerry should have included some sort of export feature....
    02-21-18 01:37 PM
    Bro thank you for your reply, I have tried to restore the contacts only (custom restore) still gives me the same error, can't use device switch because my date is not on my phone anymore.
    02-21-18 01:44 PM
    I can say that I have really tried everything but couldn't find a solution
    02-21-18 01:45 PM
    I can say that I have really tried everything but couldn't find a solution
    You have two threads going ....

Have you ever ran iTunes on that pc? Even if iTunes has been removed it can still cause issues with BlackBerry link....

Try this ...

Rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file and relaunch BlackBerry Link

To rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;

Turn on Show hidden files and folders

Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\

Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old

​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off Show hidden files and folders.

Tell me if that corrects the issue
    02-21-18 01:49 PM
    Thank you for your help but didnt work, I have never faced such a issue in my life, looks like this error cannot be solved
    02-21-18 02:55 PM
    I've had the same problem. Sometimes can't even find the reload files. Turn on blend turn off Wifi, turn on Wifi turn off Blend, stand on one leg, cluck like a chicken. There is no rhyme or reason I found. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Good luck my friend!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-18 05:47 PM
    Thank you for your help but didnt work, I have never faced such a issue in my life, looks like this error cannot be solved
    Ok, now I’m stumped because usually that pesky xml file causes the issue
    02-21-18 11:19 PM
    Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. Still I didn’t give up and I’m trying to figure a solution
    02-22-18 12:54 AM
    Backup and restoreI see that you have backed up the phone data on your computer, and do a factory reset of your phone.
    I just find that a data assistant tool can help you backup and restore your phone, maybe you can have a try.
    Last edited by smalling123; 02-25-18 at 07:58 PM.
    02-24-18 03:11 AM
    Using Backup with Link has not worked for me after WIN10 started their first major update. I have received three WIN10 updates over the last 2 years and finally this week I could back up my Z30 again. BTW, media sync always worked.

Microsoft must have fixed an issue with BB device manager 8.0.0.65 software.
    This WIN10 version: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 works now (March 2018) OK with BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe.

Maybe, it will also work doing a backup restore. Worth a shot ?
    03-19-18 04:24 PM