03-01-19 05:37 PM
34 12
tools
    DTEK app on my PRIV went from a great rating in the Green to a Poor rating I'm completely in the Red. Reason?

1. Device Hardware - You are not using a Blackberry Device.
    2. Operating System - Your device is running a version of Android that is not designed for your BlackBerry Device.
    3. Operating System Integrity - The integrity of the operating system is compromised.

The solution? DTEK is saying back-up / factory reset.

Did this twice it was fine at first but once the System was fully updated and all the apps were fully updated, I was back at Red.
    These are the same apps I've always had.
    Also tried deleting DTEK app and reloading no dice, same problem.

Guys, I know there were other threads on this before, but they were from back in 2016 though, I want to know if anyone is experiencing this NOW, since the latest update or if you are just experiencing something similar with DTEK app period.
    09-27-17 06:33 PM
    it happened to me a couple month back. if it keeps coming back after you restore your apps then it's likely an App causing it.
    09-27-17 07:10 PM
    Yikes...I just checked DTEK after my October update on my black edition KEYone, and I have the dreaded 'OS has been compromised' message.

Not looking forward to a factory reset.
    10-19-17 07:46 AM
    you could just ignore it.
    10-19-17 08:38 AM
    If that's the case... what good is it?

Integrity Detection is a great thing, but not so much if it gives too many false positives.... which many seem to think the DTEK App does. Because how do you then know if it's a positive breach?

If you want the protection to work, you'll have to assume it right and do a Factory Reset each time.
    10-19-17 09:05 AM
    True, but the DTEK app recommends to reset the device. If I trust BlackBerry security than should I not take their advice and do this? How would I know if another issue arose if DTEK constantly displays that message?

Anyway, if it becomes a monthly occurrence I will not be too happy, obviously. I suspect they may need to iron out some kinks with regards to the black edition software updates. After all, it was it's very first OTA update (it shipped with the Sept 5 patch).
    10-20-17 03:13 PM
    just checked dtek and got same message on my Sprint Keyone.how to fix this other than Factory reset?could it be caused by last security update for September?
    10-24-17 09:43 AM
    just checked dtek and got same message on my Sprint Keyone.how to fix this other than Factory reset?could it be caused by last security update for September?
    DTEK app was just updated today, see if you still get that message after the update.
    10-24-17 02:09 PM
    I updated and still an issue! Will October update fix this on Sprint Keyone?
    10-24-17 03:03 PM
    I updated and still an issue! Will October update fix this on Sprint Keyone?
    No idea. I had to factory reset mine, so if anyone else out there manages to figure out what caused it I'd be interested to know. I've been using the same apps for at least a few months now. Perhaps some data was corrupted during the security update?
    10-24-17 03:18 PM
    this seems like an older issue and may have been resolved, but I am getting this same problem on my new Key2 purchased from Amazon. any solutions for this?
    09-23-18 07:57 AM
    Simply wiping or resetting your phone each time won't help you troubleshoot exactly where things went wrong. Why don't you try deleting one app at a time, checking the DTEK again after each removal? Then if it is an app, as I suspect it is, you'll be able to identify which app causes the DTEK issue. At that point, you can decide whether to re-install that app or leave it off.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    09-23-18 10:42 AM
    Hi @ramtwins25, There is a DTEK update coming soon. Please wait on doing any factory reset or troubleshooting until it lands on your device. After the update if you still see DTEK reporting a POOR status let me know.
    Thanks
    Robert, DTEK Product Manager
    09-27-18 04:34 PM
    Hi @ramtwins25, There is a DTEK update coming soon. Please wait on doing any factory reset or troubleshooting until it lands on your device. After the update if you still see DTEK reporting a POOR status let me know.
    Thanks
    Robert, DTEK Product Manager
    Wow, are you really the Dtek product manager?
    09-28-18 12:29 AM
    Among other things, yes
    valer466 and Rico4you like this.
    09-28-18 02:09 AM
    Hi All,

DTEK v1.1.11.536 is now out on Google Play. Please update your device and tag me if you are still seeing issues after following up on any remediation steps that DTEK recommends.

Thanks!

Robert
    10-02-18 01:14 PM
    Hi All,

DTEK v1.1.11.536 is now out on Google Play. Please update your device and tag me if you are still seeing issues after following up on any remediation steps that DTEK recommends.

Thanks!

Robert
    @BB_RobertL, thanks for your help. A colleague of mine faced this issue last year on his PRIV, and it was corrected back then. It seems to affect only a few users.

On another note (and sorry to kind of highjack the thread), I wanted to ask if BlackBerry Keyboard is supposed to show within DTEK. I can't for my life find it on the DTEK app as I'm trying to track down a bug which is draining my battery due to the BlackBerry Keyboard app: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1118325

Thanks for any input.

 Passport (10.3.3.3216) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (8.1.0)
    10-02-18 02:02 PM
    Hi All,

Thanks!

Robert
    Hi Robert,

I've been having all the issues which GEO1ER mentioned in his post for the last few weeks on my BlackBerry Priv.

After reading your solution to update DTEK using play store, it has removed most of the alerts, however there are still two in the recommendations as listed below.

IN RED - Suspicious activity monitor - Suspicious activity detected. Tap for more info.

IN YELLOW - Trusted app sites - Apps that you download from the Google Play Store are not scanned for malicious software.

Could you please advise what are these and how to work around to make phone secure and stable.

Thanks
    Rahul
    10-08-18 06:07 AM
    Hi @JG_Austin,

DTEK doesn't currently monitor apps that aren't "launchable". I will take this into consideration for a future release though.

Thanks,

Robert
    10-12-18 01:03 PM
    Hey Robert. Thank you for your work. Over the last week, DTEK on my BlackBerry KEYone Black Edition phone has said, "The integrity of the operating system has been compromised." It has also had a "Poor" device status. Have a similar issue on my BlackBerry KEY2. Does this mean both are actually compromised or is this an issue with DTEK? Two of my colleagues have similar issues. Thank you.
    02-09-19 11:24 PM
    Hey @joshualebowitz, Sorry, I missed this until now. Is the poor state still occurring? If it is can you try putting your phone into airplane mode, rebooting, then taking it out of airplane mode and seeing if that resolves the state. If it does not can you try clearing data and cache in DTEK and then rebooting to see if it helps?
    Let me know please.
    Thanks,
    Robert
    02-27-19 01:56 PM
    @rk44722, Also, sorry for missing this until now
    Suspicious activity monitor goes RED when one of the BIDE sensors picks something up that doesn't look quite right, but it could be a false alarm. If you follow the steps in the recommendations it will guide you to hopefully resetting your device back to a known good state without the need for a factory reset.

Trusted app sites is Yellow because you have permitted an app to be installed from a source other than Google Play. Other app stores are less reliable on having safe content for download so there is more risk using them and allowing them to install files on your device (or sideloading apps as well for example)

Cheers,

Robert
    02-27-19 02:00 PM
    Hey @joshualebowitz, Sorry, I missed this until now. Is the poor state still occurring? If it is can you try putting your phone into airplane mode, rebooting, then taking it out of airplane mode and seeing if that resolves the state. If it does not can you try clearing data and cache in DTEK and then rebooting to see if it helps?
    Let me know please.
    Thanks,
    Robert
    Appreciate your reply. Just tried it and the device still reads, "Device Status Poor: Operating system integrity - The integrity of your operating system is compromised."
    02-27-19 02:35 PM
    OK, thanks for confirming @joshualebowitz. I will connect with the dev team on this issue. I might PM you for some additional information to help root cause.
    -Robert
    02-27-19 03:02 PM
    Appreciate your reply. Just tried it and the device still reads, "Device Status Poor: Operating system integrity - The integrity of your operating system is compromised."
    This time, put the device in airplane mode, then clear the cache and data in the DTEK app, and then reboot the phone.
    02-27-19 04:42 PM
34 12