Hey, everyone.

I'm loving my new BlackBerry KEYone phone. My one issue is, I can't get my 2500 pictures to properly render, neither in the Gallery app or the Google Photos app.

I transferred them from my previous Samsung Galaxy SG via WiFi and Google Drive. The process took a few hours on the upload, and a few more hours on the download. But when I open either of these apps, I can only see a generic blank image indicating the hundreds and hundreds of images, but I can't see any actual preview of the image. Nor can I see the actual image when I click on a given file.

In the Google Photos app, each generic blank image is reminiscent of, say, a cloud, and in the bottom right hand corner of each image, there's the "refresh" symbol; that is, the two half-circle arrows.

In the Gallery app, all I see are little black cubes where there should be a preview. When I click on the image file itself, all I get is a black screen.

Now, the pictures I've taken with my new phone's camera, I can see just fine. The same is true for a handful of pics I have transferred using Android Beam.

So, I've searched around within the various settings and made a few tweaks here and there, but so far, nada, zip, zilch.

One thought I had was that perhaps there are just way too many of them (although that's one reason why I purchased a 128 gig micro SD card). So I thought I would go into Google Drive and visually weed out all the non-essential pics. But I discover I have a similar problem with all of the pics I tried to transfer (but not with other pics I did not try to transfer).

The only thing I can conclude is that somehow all of the transferred pics got corrupted during the transfer process.

Now, I did try to transfer all of these pics the night I got the phone. But the process seemed to freeze about a third of the way through, so I cancelled it when I got up the next morning and resumed it when I got to the office.

So maybe, either during the freeze-up, or as a result of my cancelling the transfer the first time, somehow the pics got corrupted.

What do you think?

Should I delete all the affected photos from both Google Drive and from my KEYone and start over?

Or am I somehow lacking the appropriate app?

I'm surprised because I almost always used the Gallery app on the Samsung, but it seems to have a much different interface on the KEYone.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    07-01-17 06:24 PM
    Why not transfer the images from your Samsung via USB cable to your PC first, make sure you can view them there and then transfer them over USB to your KEYone SD card?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-17 07:37 PM
    Thank you. That's a great idea. Unfortunately, I already formatted my SD card as internal storage. I may just have to manually beam the ones I really want. Or maybe try using Google Drive again or Dropbox perhaps.
    07-01-17 09:53 PM
    If I'm not mistaken google compresses pictures
    07-01-17 10:27 PM
    Are you sure you want to use your SD card as Adoptable Storage? If for some reason your phone dies, you will not be able to retrieve any of your SD card files.

Also all new apps will automatically be installed on the SD card and a number people have complained in this forum about their apps running slow only to find out that using Adoptable Storage was the reason.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-02-17 09:40 AM