My BB Torch 9810 uses the standard android charging cable that I also use on my Samsung galaxy S2 8inch tablet. My question isn't necessarily phone related, but does anyone know how to keep these charging cables from dying so quickly? I've bought them from eBay, Amazon, and recently just Wal-Mart, but while they work fantastic upon getting them, and hold tight, all the ones I've had haven't even lasted a year. I found out how to keep them from getting "loose," (just use a needle to lift the 2 tabs up on the connector), but the 10 foot cable I have now, although tight on the device inlet, is sporadic. You have to jimmy it to make a connection, and the thing is only a few months old. I hate having to always run to Wal-Mart and pay 8 bucks for a new cable.
    Is there a brand that isn't this flaky, and where can I get it? I'm willing to pay even 20 bucks for a cable that isn't dead within 2 months of buying it.
    Thanks a bunch.
    09-02-20 06:33 PM
    My BB Torch 9810 uses the standard android charging cable that I also use on my Samsung galaxy S2 8inch tablet. My question isn't necessarily phone related, but does anyone know how to keep these charging cables from dying so quickly? I've bought them from eBay, Amazon, and recently just Wal-Mart, but while they work fantastic upon getting them, and hold tight, all the ones I've had haven't even lasted a year. I found out how to keep them from getting "loose," (just use a needle to lift the 2 tabs up on the connector), but the 10 foot cable I have now, although tight on the device inlet, is sporadic. You have to jimmy it to make a connection, and the thing is only a few months old. I hate having to always run to Wal-Mart and pay 8 bucks for a new cable.
    Is there a brand that isn't this flaky, and where can I get it? I'm willing to pay even 20 bucks for a cable that isn't dead within 2 months of buying it.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Stick with Anker or Aukey.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-02-20 07:10 PM
    Thanks a bunch.
    Always grasp the plug itself when unplugging, never yank on the cord. Otherwise stick to the brands suggested above.
    09-02-20 08:48 PM