Previous BB upon entering someones birthday in their contact detail wold then auto populate the calendar reminding you of their birthday on the day of the birthday. this does not happen in BB Classic
    04-01-15 07:49 PM
    I was thinking the same thing! They should bring it back!
    Facebook contacts birthdays show up in the calendar so local contacts should also.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 CB10 App.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    04-01-15 07:55 PM
    I have a Awful problem with that when I add my friends birthday or anniversary on their contact contact by contact it won't remind me
    04-01-15 09:10 PM
    I have a Awful problem with that when I add my friends birthday or anniversary on their contact contact by contact it won't remind me
    Ya the only way to get a reminder would be to put it in your calendar manually or make it a task

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 CB10 App.
    04-01-15 10:04 PM
    But why that sucks it's not fair blackberry should do something about it
    04-01-15 11:09 PM
    The question is: why do we have birthdays or for what when they don't get by themselves into the Calendar? But this has been the case in all BB10 OSes until now.

I use an app called "MeeBirthdays" to make this happen. It's not in the background, not automatic. But when you enter or change a birthday in one or more contacts you can run this app and it moves the new birthdays into the Calendar.
    04-02-15 12:30 AM
    I have the contact details (including birthdays) synced to my Outlook account and since my Outlook calendar is also synced, the birthdays show up.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 04:35 AM
    It's still possible, but with a lil trick ;-)

1. Add the birthdays in Contacts app as usual
    2. Head to BBW and download "MeeBirthdays", it's free!
    3. Select the contacts you want and tap on set events
    4. You're welcome!
    04-02-15 05:06 AM
    Hi muellerto....does MeeBirthdays only move new dates into the calendar? I dont want a bunch of double calendar entries. In other words is it sophisticated to run every so often or every time i add a new contact without adding birthdays already populated into my calendar? Also, can i choose which calendar it adds the dates to?
    04-29-15 10:26 AM
    Hi muellerto....does MeeBirthdays only move new dates into the calendar? I dont want a bunch of double calendar entries. In other words is it sophisticated to run every so often or every time i add a new contact without adding birthdays already populated into my calendar? Also, can i choose which calendar it adds the dates to?
    It scans your contacts during startup and displays a list of all (!) contacts found. Then you can choose which ones you want to send to the Calendar. I guess you have to select the new ones on your own. But it probably is not harmful if you always import all. Just have the discipline: do never edit a birthday event in the Calendar.

Edit: checked it. If you import a birthday into the Calendar which is already known there then NO new Calendar event is created (as long as the date and the name are still the same).
    04-29-15 10:48 AM
    It scans your contacts during startup and displays a list of all (!) contacts found. Then you can choose which ones you want to send to the Calendar. I guess you have to select the new ones on your own. But it probably is not harmful if you always import all. Just have the discipline: do never edit a birthday event in the Calendar.

Edit: checked it. If you import a birthday into the Calendar which is already known there then NO new Calendar event is created (as long as the date and the name are still the same).
    Awesome!!! Thanks muellerto!! But can i choose which calendar I want the birthdates imported to?
    04-29-15 03:06 PM
    Awesome!!! Thanks muellerto!! But can i choose which calendar I want the birthdates imported to?
    Don't know. I have only one Calendar and all my events are just there. I think MeeBirthdays uses nothing else than the defaults for creating Calendar events, also for the reminders and all this. You can change the defaults in the Calendar app. - I see right now I have the free version on my device (just try this one!). The free version has it's settings page locked, maybe you can configure the Calendar to use also there, I've never seen this page.
    04-30-15 12:00 AM