Coming from a Moto (I basically love having a physical keyboard, again), where I had my Google Assistant integrated into the clock to work with my alarm and "Do Not Disturb." However with the BlackBerry clock, I do not see the option to run a Google Assistant routine when the alarm goes off, and current routine only sets the volume to silent, not activating "Do Not Disturb." Anyone else have these issues? Any other Assistant integration problems that I should be aware of?

Thanks.
    06-11-19 09:39 AM
    Anyone else have these issues?
    It's not an issue, it's just different. You're using a different device with a different clock app. See if the clock app you were using is available for your BlackBerry. Motorola keeps things pretty stock Android, so it's probably just the Google Clock - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.deskclock
    06-11-19 10:28 AM
    Yes, I was using the stock Android clock on the Motorola. Does Google Assistant not recognize that BlackBerry Clock (and volume control) is the default on my BlackBerry? I am wondering if this is a quirk with BlackBerry's version of Android, or if I did something wrong when I was setting things up. To me, it would seem that the Assistant should have not problem integrating with how BlackBerry does Android (which I love).
    06-11-19 12:52 PM
    Yes, I was using the stock Android clock on the Motorola. Does Google Assistant not recognize that BlackBerry Clock (and volume control) is the default on my BlackBerry? I am wondering if this is a quirk with BlackBerry's version of Android, or if I did something wrong when I was setting things up. To me, it would seem that the Assistant should have not problem integrating with how BlackBerry does Android (which I love).
    Again, not an issue or a quirk. Just different. Every Android OEM has the option to use the Google Clock or build out their own variant of it or use its own clock app. BlackBerry opted to change some things from the Google Clock app and that left out the Assistant settings. Just download the Google Clock that I already linked you to and it will be the same as your Moto, then disable the BlackBerry clock. It's an easy solution to the differences.
    06-11-19 01:23 PM
    Again, not an issue or a quirk. Just different. Every Android OEM has the option to use the Google Clock or build out their own variant of it or use its own clock app. BlackBerry opted to change some things from the Google Clock app and that left out the Assistant settings. Just download the Google Clock that I already linked you to and it will be the same as your Moto. Then disable the BlackBerry version.
    Samsung Clock works fine with Google Assistant... would think OEM's would have access to the APIs that allow for the Google Assistant to interact with it.

Another case of you should be able to uninstall even "system" apps and replace them if you want to with a 3rd party or the default Google version.
    06-11-19 01:30 PM
    Samsung Clock works fine with Google Assistant... would think OEM's would have access to the APIs that allow for the Google Assistant to interact with it.
    Never said they didn't. Given the BlackBerry Clock app is just the Google Clock app stripped down a bit, they could have easily included it. You pointing that out doesn't change the fact that it's not integrated into the BlackBerry clock as OP wants though. Just easier to skip all that convo of API's etc, when the solution for OP is to download the clock app they were using.
    06-11-19 01:31 PM