I am in Calgary AB and I use Shaw as my internet provider, which allows me to have access to hundreds of WiFi spots in Western Canada, but when I try to access a sports or TV program on my phone in a WiFi area it freezes up and then shows the program for a few seconds then freezes again. I had a Samsung Galaxie S5 which was flawless.

I am on Fido as my phone provider and I was on Rogers for my S5 but they are the same company and don't feel this is the problem. Any solution?
    10-13-16 11:17 AM
    This is more likely to be a Wi-Fi issue than anything else. Streaming video takes up a lot of network bandwidth and there is a limit how much traffic the router and internet connection can handle. There may be a setting you can make on the DTEK to limit the resolution on the video and reduce the amount of data it is using.
    10-13-16 11:25 AM
    This was not a problem with my Samsung, and these WiFi spots are very powerful. I still think this is a Blackberry problem but am open to any solution.
    10-13-16 11:37 AM
    This was not a problem with my Samsung, and these WiFi spots are very powerful. I still think this is a Blackberry problem but am open to any solution.
    Likely related to processor power.
    I believe the S5 uses the Qualcomm 801 processor while the DTEK uses the 617.
    Although the 801 is an older release it provides faster RAM, faster Clockspeed , wider memory bandwidth and reportedly better eMMc support...so I would assume streaming should be more consistent.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 12:04 PM
    Likely related to processor power.
    I believe the S5 uses the Qualcomm 801 processor while the DTEK uses the 617.
    Although the 801 is an older release it provides faster RAM, faster Clockspeed , wider memory bandwidth and reportedly better eMMc support...so I would assume streaming should be more consistent.

Posted via CB10
    I'd guess the same.
    The DTEK50 has the internals of other low/mid-range devices on the market now while the older S5 was built as a 'high-end' which would fare favorably against the low/mid-range devices of today since the S5 isn't too old.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    10-13-16 02:04 PM
    Thanks everyone, but is there going to be a upgrade to this? It's not a game changer but would be nice.
    10-14-16 08:47 AM
    The DTEK60 will be the device/hardware upgrade...only way to get a different processor.

As far as software it's always possible that tweaks in device radio/wifi MIGHT provide some improvement but it would be interesting to see if your problem is hardware related...any way you can try another DTEK50 or bring your issue up with Fido??

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 10:11 AM