I have to say i have never been more disappointed with Blackberry than right now. It is 2016 and you still can't design a phone with software that easily allows the backup and restore to a new device.

I have a passport that was glitching out so i bought a new classic to simply have a more functioning phone. It has taken me days to get any PC (of which i have 3) to recognize the bloddy passport and back it up. I finally got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

Then i plug in the bloody classic. It restores media and photo files, but since it is a different brand...email and all the like can't be imported. What a bloody joke!

Lastly, i went to back up calendar and contacts. The bloody function doesnt work unless i have outlook installed (or so it seems to me). So I install outlook, then plug in my passport....

The passport is not recognized by the computer now that i installed the classic!! What a joke. SEriously Blackberry get your act together. This should be the most simple thing on the earth.

I am so done with this product. I will keep uninstalling and installing until something works. Looks like blackberry was designed by windows....just turn off and on and cross fingers it will eventually work.

Seriously bad work on your products Blackberry, i can see why people are leaving in droves.
    02-23-16 04:49 PM
    Well I am not having any problems with Blackberry Link. Works well for me on my Windows 7 laptop.
    02-23-16 04:52 PM
    BlackBerry link works great for me. If you want problems try an iPhone. My wife is always having problems when she backs up. Do both of your phones have the same OS? I had an issue when I did a device transfer from my q10 to z30.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    02-23-16 06:57 PM