To access the Google play store?

Posted via CB10
    no the actual "Google Account" app from step 3. Google Play and Google ID work perfectly but I'm just trying to figure out why my Google Account app isn't allowing me to connect
    03-22-15 06:13 PM
    no the actual "Google Account" app from step 3. Google Play and Google ID work perfectly but I'm just trying to figure out why my Google Account app isn't allowing me to connect
    Hmm mind doesn't have any issues connecting... I dunno what your options are at this point

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:23 PM
    Hmm mind doesn't have any issues connecting... I dunno what your options are at this point

Posted via CB10
    meh i'm not worried everything works i just found it weird I can't login to that app.
    03-22-15 11:16 PM
    Quick introduction: I'm new, been lurking around for quite a bit (since I owned the Z10, now on a Z30) and I genuinely think this is an awesome place

On topic:
    I've tried the steps suggested (installed the google-play store, downgraded to the lower version, opened play-store, "update") and that went well. Except for when I open the updated snapchat, it logs me out (a pop-up text appears very briefly saying "You are now logged out") and after that I'm stuck again at the "Missing google services"-prompt.

I've tried patching the app with GMpatch, if I update with a patched APK it says "Cannot install this app" and deletes the lower-snapchat as well.

So kinda stuck with version 8.0.1 (newest one I found that still works). Any suggestions more than welcome!
    03-26-15 11:24 AM
    Quick introduction: I'm new, been lurking around for quite a bit (since I owned the Z10, now on a Z30) and I genuinely think this is an awesome place

On topic:
    I've tried the steps suggested (installed the google-play store, downgraded to the lower version, opened play-store, "update") and that went well. Except for when I open the updated snapchat, it logs me out (a pop-up text appears very briefly saying "You are now logged out") and after that I'm stuck again at the "Missing google services"-prompt.

I've tried patching the app with GMpatch, if I update with a patched APK it says "Cannot install this app" and deletes the lower-snapchat as well.

So kinda stuck with version 8.0.1 (newest one I found that still works). Any suggestions more than welcome!
    The same thing happened to me with trying to install google play services. There are some solutions to get it to work, but I haven't gotten it to work thus far. At this point I'm not too interested in it since the recent update of snapchat 9.4.1.0 will not work for us. Only 9.3.1.0 version of snapchat is currently working for me for now. If you want access to your snapchat account you can delete the recent snapchat download version 4.1.07 and 9.3.1.0. Install the older version first login then install the 9.3.1.0 and you should get access again. Refrain from updating your snapchat till a better solution is made available.

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 01:29 PM
    The same thing happened to me with trying to install google play services. There are some solutions to get it to work, but I haven't gotten it to work thus far. At this point I'm not too interested in it since the recent update of snapchat 9.4.1.0 will not work for us. Only 9.3.1.0 version of snapchat is currently working for me for now. If you want access to your snapchat account you can delete the recent snapchat download version 4.1.07 and 9.3.1.0. Install the older version first login then install the 9.3.1.0 and you should get access again. Refrain from updating your snapchat till a better solution is made available.

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    You people need to stop misleading others to download the old version and proceed from there... you CAN'T login to the old version anymore...
    03-26-15 02:27 PM
    You people need to stop misleading others to download the old version and proceed from there... you CAN'T login to the old version anymore...
    Well I was able to login in under the 4.1.07 version (every time) and then update to version 9.3.1.0 for access to my snapchat account. Which I still have working access to it today.

So maybe you need to look through more of the forums and find something that works for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 05:28 PM
    It's not misleading if it works....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:00 AM
    This should answer every ones questions, all these steps might be annoying but ti's what us BB10 users will have to go through

alright guys the reason why it doesn't work now is because 9.4 is actively blocking BB10 devices. I have it working but i spent hours doing so and I like to tinker. Snapchat can tell you guys are using BlackBerry phones and they are trying to block you any way they can. They even resorted to, "BB10 phones using the snapchat apk are using a 3rd party app (even though you aren't) and will be blocked". If you ever get blocked just sign onto their website and then you should be unlocked.

anyways, here we go with the newest way as of now. It will probably change, I always try to stay on top of the latest solutions so bear with me.

1. download Tinder 3.2.1 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases
    Download Snapchat 5.0.5 APK File (snapchat.apk) - APK4Fun
    Instagram old versions - Android
    2. sign in (don't worry about the google services message just click off of it)

3. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/o47T7...opxejUCIxrvxER sign in with google account (i can't but others can, mine seems to work without signing in)

4. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/Tqmfc...dHyFtJeV_nE0dH register device, go to the 3 dots in the top right which goes into your android runtime make sure everything is on.

5. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/n2v3K...M0Lj84EqIMftDQ sign in to your google account ->go to my apps -> update snapchat

This process should take no more than 15min

I tried a bunch of lower versions of snapchat and I can't seem to get rid of that google play message when opening the app.

that is for the rest of the apps, apparently the last version of snapchat blocks bb10 so you will either need 8.01 Snapchat 8.0.1 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases or my version 9.3 Snapchat 9.3.1.0 | Get Android APPs APK

The reason why i put the google play store in there is for auto updates of my other android apps. but i wouldn't do that for snapchat now because they are actively trying to block bb10

Step 1 is the most crucial step. If you can't sign in then you won't be able to get any farther. if you can't sign in with 4.1 then try this apk, 5.05 Snapchat 5.0.5 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases.

if you can't sign in on 4.1.7, 5.0.5 or 8.1 then you need to update your OS/runtime if that doesn't work you need to do a autoloader of the latest 10.3.1 or 10.3.2.
    03-28-15 10:18 AM
    This should answer every ones questions, all these steps might be annoying but ti's what us BB10 users will have to go through

alright guys the reason why it doesn't work now is because 9.4 is actively blocking BB10 devices. I have it working but i spent hours doing so and I like to tinker. Snapchat can tell you guys are using BlackBerry phones and they are trying to block you any way they can. They even resorted to, "BB10 phones using the snapchat apk are using a 3rd party app (even though you aren't) and will be blocked". If you ever get blocked just sign onto their website and then you should be unlocked.

anyways, here we go with the newest way as of now. It will probably change, I always try to stay on top of the latest solutions so bear with me.

1. download Tinder 3.2.1 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases
    Download Snapchat 5.0.5 APK File (snapchat.apk) - APK4Fun
    Instagram old versions - Android
    2. sign in (don't worry about the google services message just click off of it)

3. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/o47T7...opxejUCIxrvxER sign in with google account (i can't but others can, mine seems to work without signing in)

4. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/Tqmfc...dHyFtJeV_nE0dH register device, go to the 3 dots in the top right which goes into your android runtime make sure everything is on.

5. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/n2v3K...M0Lj84EqIMftDQ sign in to your google account ->go to my apps -> update snapchat

This process should take no more than 15min

I tried a bunch of lower versions of snapchat and I can't seem to get rid of that google play message when opening the app.

that is for the rest of the apps, apparently the last version of snapchat blocks bb10 so you will either need 8.01 Snapchat 8.0.1 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases or my version 9.3 Snapchat 9.3.1.0 | Get Android APPs APK

The reason why i put the google play store in there is for auto updates of my other android apps. but i wouldn't do that for snapchat now because they are actively trying to block bb10

Step 1 is the most crucial step. If you can't sign in then you won't be able to get any farther. if you can't sign in with 4.1 then try this apk, 5.05 Snapchat 5.0.5 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases.

if you can't sign in on 4.1.7, 5.0.5 or 8.1 then you need to update your OS/runtime if that doesn't work you need to do a autoloader of the latest 10.3.1 or 10.3.2.
    Good stuff khehl

Are there anyways to run 9.4.1.0 that won't have that can't login issue? Currently, I'm using 9.3.1.0 and I get notifications from Play Store, 1 Mobile Market and Aptoide for the latest version. Which I won't update for obvious reasons, if so care to share?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:53 AM
    Good stuff khehl

Are there anyways to run 9.4.1.0 that won't have that can't login issue? Currently, I'm using 9.3.1.0 and I get notifications from Play Store, 1 Mobile Market and Aptoide for the latest version. Which I won't update for obvious reasons, if so care to share?

Posted via CB10
    no way yet. I don't even know how i got 9.4 working tbh, i just messed around with it for a while.
    03-28-15 12:10 PM
    no way yet. I don't even know how i got 9.4 working tbh, i just messed around with it for a while.
    Oh wow you got 9.4 to work... nice

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:57 PM
    Oh wow you got 9.4 to work... nice

Posted via CB10
    if i find out how i did it i will share..
    03-28-15 01:55 PM
    if i find out how i did it i will share..
    Which version did you get to work exactly? Play store has 9.4.1.0 and 1 Mobile Market has 9.4.2.0 beta

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:27 PM
    Which version did you get to work exactly? Play store has 9.4.1.0 and 1 Mobile Market has 9.4.2.0 beta

Posted via CB10
    9.4.1, didn't know about the beta. I could subscribe to it in app but i kind of don't want to put the spotlight on myself since they clearly know i'm using a blackberry passport
    03-28-15 10:23 PM
    9.4.1, didn't know about the beta. I could subscribe to it in app but i kind of don't want to put the spotlight on myself since they clearly know i'm using a blackberry passport
    Sorry not beta

Why does Blackberry hate google play/snapchat?-img_20150329_071307.png

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:14 AM
    Sorry not beta

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150329_071307.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	344410

Posted via CB10
    can't get it to work
    03-29-15 10:40 AM
    can't get it to work
    We're you able to get 9.4.1.0 to work again?
    And if so what were the steps?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by blackone85; 03-29-15 at 01:40 PM.
    03-29-15 11:10 AM
    We're you able to get 9.4.1.0 to work again?
    And if so what were the steps?

Posted via CB10
    Nope back on 9.3

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:44 PM
    Nope back on 9.3

Posted via CB10
    Question when you tried to get 9.4.1.0 working and it failed were you able to go back to 9.3.1.0 the same way no problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 03:38 PM
    Question when you tried to get 9.4.1.0 working and it failed were you able to go back to 9.3.1.0 the same way no problem?

Posted via CB10
    Yea

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 10:47 PM
    These are just my thoughts... Android with all the apps (supposedly free and end all be paid), just got a brain wash all over the World and telephone companies reduce data contracts to the consumes. So, More apps, less data and internet, all android users today are suffering these consequences while blackberry can not be controlled in its data, not as Android. And Yes, Blackberry was selfish at the time and did not know us better benefits on time, reacted a little late, but they did. Even so never leave to use Blackberry because it is better even that iphone on many things. This is just me thinking...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:26 PM
47 12