I have a BB Q10 running software version 10.3.3.2137 and a Lenovo G770 laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest versions of Blend & Link and restarted both my BB and my laptop. I'm connecting my BB to my laptop via USB.

BB Blend works fine and I can see all my files. BB link recognises that my BB is connected but I cannot see any of my files.

I'm trying to sync. my photographs and videos (essentially to copy them from my BB to my laptop). I can do this with Blend but only one at a time.

I've found similar questions on the forum but none of them seem to answer this specific question. Any advice would be much appreciated please.
    widderschynnes likes this.
    10-16-18 07:14 AM
    I've found similar questions on the forum but none of them seem to answer this specific question.
    Because no one knows. Both apps are effectively dead and no longer supported, so if you even have any portion of them working, it's sheer luck and coincidence.
    10-16-18 08:00 AM
    I haven't used Blend but I used Link with a Q10 and a Windows 7 computer for many years. But Windows 10 is not always compatible with Link. Some people managed to get it working though - do a search in these forums and you may come across some suggestions that work for you.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    10-16-18 08:29 AM
    Thank you Ragbert. I've been searching this forum and Googling other sites but none of the suggestions have worked for me. Do you know if there is any other way (other than using Link) to achieve a bulk transfer of large files from Q10 to laptop, please?
    10-16-18 12:07 PM
    Link requires several now out of date protocols to run. The storage mounts that allow you to access the SD card and internal storage of your device uses SMB1, which is disabled by default now in Windows in favour of SMB3. The USB drivers and software were both written when both XP and Vista were still actively supported, and likely newer security processes in 10 are preventing the software from running properly.

Blend mainly relies on a small web server on your handset so there's no real reliance on your computer since all it needs to be able to do is understand HTML.

The most effective way to do any kind of handset to PC transfer is going to be an SD card, especially as the cloud provider apps are beginning to stop working.

Posted via CB10
    joeldf and widderschynnes like this.
    10-17-18 06:08 AM
    You might have better luck if you enable wireless access to your phone and not use the USB connection - you cannot use "backup" but you might be able to access your phone's data as "drives" and "folders" via Windows Explorer.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-18 06:14 AM
    As ssirica said, I don't actually transfer files with Link. I fire Link up only long enough for it to find my device and make me log into it over wifi. Then I close Link, and go to My Computer, where my device shows up as drives Y:\ (the SD card) and Z:\ (the internal storage). Then I can transfer files by dragging and dropping in Windows, without ever wiring the device to USB at all.

I also use a couple of BB10 backup apps :

Contacts ImEx: Allows you to export your Contacts to csv files and save anywhere (cloud, your laptop, etc). Will also import saved csv files from another BB10 device. Still available for free in BBW (grab it while you can)
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...nt/37102894‎

Ultimate Backup: Will back up pretty much everything on a BB10 device, to a location of your choosing. No longer for sale in BBW but the dev, Runisoft, has made it and other BB10 apps available for purchase here:
    http://www.runisoft.com/index.php?op...=78&Itemid=491

Even if you can't get Windows 10 to see your device, you can still use the above 2 apps on your Q10 to make backups to your SD card. Then take the SD card out, insert it directly into your laptop (use a USB card reader if your laptop doesn't have a card slot), and copy the backups or the whole card to Windows.

10-17-18 07:42 AM
    Ever since my Win 10 PC lost the ability to connect to my Z10 and mount the drives over USB (sometime late 2016), it also lost the ability to connect over wi-fi.

Link sees the phone, but can't see the internal memory either.

Yet it CAN do a backup and restore.

Someone mentioned something about the protocol BlackBerry uses to mount the drives that Windows doesn't allow. That's the first I've heard this. Is there a way to force the protocol back on?
    10-17-18 08:10 AM
    If you search in the forums you'll find some people who got Link working on their Windows 10 PCs. No guarantees of course, but worth the search.

10-17-18 10:21 AM
    If you search in the forums you'll find some people who got Link working on their Windows 10 PCs. No guarantees of course, but worth the search.

Never had any problem with Link or Blend on my Lenovo Thinkpad running Win10 for my Passport, Z10 or even my old PlayBook. All work flawlessly (but slow to show the PlayBook--takes about 5 minutes to appear).
    10-17-18 10:53 AM
    Thank you ssirica. I've tried it using USB and wireless but no luck with Link.
    10-17-18 02:06 PM
    Thank you rthonpm - I'll try the SD card route.
    10-17-18 02:06 PM
    Thanks again Ragbert. I'll look into using an SD card with Ultimate Backup.
    10-17-18 02:10 PM
    Thanks again Ragbert. I'll look into using an SD card with Ultimate Backup.
    Hey Zenigma,

Ultimate Backup is definitely a great option, but if Link recognizes your devices as mass storage there are also ways to sync using Windows utilities. (It's possible we might also be able to use a Windows "deep clean" uninstall tool to remove and reinstall Link such that it works normally with Windows 10. Feel free to PM me for more.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-18 04:07 PM
    Windows "deep clean" uninstall tool to remove and reinstall Link such that it works normally with Windows 10.
    Yep, I use Revo Uninstaller for exactly that purpose. Gotta go after those registry remnants!
    10-17-18 04:24 PM
    Yep, I use Revo Uninstaller for exactly that purpose. Gotta go after those registry remnants!
    Indeed! Revo is the best for getting into Windows' guts and cleaning out the remnants. It's like Mr. Clean for your OS...
    10-17-18 05:09 PM
    I had similar issues after a Windows 10 update. I ended up uninstalling Blackberry Link, re-downloading it ( BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe ) from Blackberry. Right click the .exe file before installing, go to compatibility tab and change to Windows 7 version. run the .exe
    This may not work for your situation but it did for me.
    Blackberry Desktop, Link & Blend are all still working for me despite Microsofts update OCD.
    Too bad Blackberry never ported software for Linux...
    10-17-18 09:02 PM
    Link requires several now out of date protocols to run. The storage mounts that allow you to access the SD card and internal storage of your device uses SMB1, which is disabled by default now in Windows in favour of SMB3. The USB drivers and software were both written when both XP and Vista were still actively supported, and likely newer security processes in 10 are preventing the software from running properly.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I had never heard of this - I obviously never caught the right thread.

I was able to enable the protocol (SMB 1.0/CIFS Client) in Windows Features, rebooted, connected my Z10, and after a while, both drives showed up in the File Manager for the first time in a year. Link still saw the device, but not the internal memory - now it does again.

Oh, and connection over wi-fi works now too.

Again, thanks.
    10-17-18 10:54 PM
    Thank you everyone - I've now cracked my problems and Link is working fine. I had to use a combination of 'deep clean' using Revo (as per the posts from TrumpetTiger and brookie229) and enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client in Windows Features (as per joeldf's post). I'd already ordered my SD card which is due to arrive tomorrow - it wasn't particularly expensive and may give me some alternatives. Thank you all again for your help with this.
    10-18-18 09:41 AM
    Thank you everyone - I've now cracked my problems and Link is working fine. I had to use a combination of 'deep clean' using Revo (as per the posts from TrumpetTiger and brookie229) and enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client in Windows Features (as per joeldf's post). I'd already ordered my SD card which is due to arrive tomorrow - it wasn't particularly expensive and may give me some alternatives. Thank you all again for your help with this.
    Sweet, glad it's working! An SD card (and then changing your camera's default options to store photos there) is an excellent suggestion if you're concerned about internal memory or preserving that data. You can also use Ultimate Backup to back up both internal memory and SD cards without needing Link.
    10-18-18 05:05 PM

Blend mainly relies on a small web server on your handset so there's no real reliance on your computer since all it needs to be able to do is understand HTML.

The most effective way to do any kind of handset to PC transfer is going to be an SD card, especially as the cloud provider apps are beginning to stop working.

Posted via CB10
    I have no problem moving files to and from my BB10 phones with a USB cable. I don't think that's problematic. Back up and restoring with Link is trickier. It works for me on Windows 10 Pro with admin privileges.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-18-18 05:20 PM
    That's fantastic news!

Thanks for pointing this out. I had never heard of this - I obviously never caught the right thread.

I was able to enable the protocol (SMB 1.0/CIFS Client) in Windows Features, rebooted, connected my Z10, and after a while, both drives showed up in the File Manager for the first time in a year. Link still saw the device, but not the internal memory - now it does again.

Oh, and connection over wi-fi works now too.

Again, thanks.

10-18-18 09:13 PM
    Glad to know you're back in business, Zenigma!

10-18-18 09:14 PM