Ive been a BB user for 15 years and never had this problem..........

I've had the PP a week now but emails keep vanishing from the hub. I don't use outlook or gmail and don't leave emails on my server once downloaded to my PC. If I delete anything from "yesterday" on the Passport then the whole days emails vanish

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gazza12; 01-22-15 at 10:29 PM.
    01-22-15 06:24 PM
    Just done some searching on various threads and wonder if my sync settings are at fault? They are confusing despite some fine efforts by some to explain them .
    What is the difference between the interval and timeframe?
    Last edited by Gazza12; 01-22-15 at 10:28 PM.
    01-22-15 10:12 PM
    Because you don't leave emails on the server once you download them to the pc is why they could be disappearing from your phone.

interval is the just amount of time it will poll for new emails.
    time frame is the timeframe for how far back you want your emails to be seen on and stay on the device. if you have 7 days everything beyond 7 days will disappear.
    Gazza12 likes this.
    01-23-15 09:59 AM
    Because you don't leave emails on the server once you download them to the pc is why they could be disappearing from your phone.

interval is the just amount of time it will poll for new emails.
    time frame is the timeframe for how far back you want your emails to be seen on and stay on the device. if you have 7 days everything beyond 7 days will disappear.
    You are a LEGEND !!

Thanks so much. It's all OK now...... After 15 years of thee simplicity of BIS this was a real challenge for me to get my head around.
    01-23-15 05:06 PM
    Drove me nuts too; if you're on typical POP email then set your desktop's client to not delete it from the server after downloading. In Outlook I used the option to only delete from server after I empty my "deleted items" folder. It's taking a little bit of getting used to just hit <del> to send it to the folder, instead of my old habit of <shift><del> to delete without sending to the folder.

After making this setting and sending a test message over a month ago, it and all the other email I wished to keep is still on my BB.

Richard
    01-23-15 05:43 PM