I've been having this issue for two days and you can tell it's very annoying.
    My phone has the latest Android update.
    As I go to the main screen, it takes long to load. The icons at the bottom are the first to appear, then go the others. And then all of them instantly disappear again – everything just goes back to the plain background, then the bottom icons, then all others, then none again.
    I can still surf the web, make and receive calls, type etc. but as long as I have the icons with apps responsible for all this on my main screen. I cannot use any apps that are not on the main screen because as I swipe, everything disappears, gets back to the plain background and then the main screen again.
    I also cannot go to the menu where all apps are stored, because you guessed it, it also disappears along with the icons on the main screen.
    I tried the hard reboot, held the button for 32 seconds, it has done nothing.
    I also tried to 'kill' the battery so the phone would shut down completely and then charged it from the 0%, but that did nothing neither.
    Needless to say that I'm looking for a way to fix it without restoring everything because I have a lot of data and little time here. But if it's inevitable, then I want to know it for sure. Thank you.
    10-10-18 11:36 AM
    But if it's inevitable, then I want to know it for sure.
    Just wipe it. It's inevitable.
    10-10-18 12:32 PM