When the security software release of 10.3.3.2129 upgraded on my Blackberry Classic, my Bluetooth earpiece will not connect and i lost all my remember notes and several contact numbers. Is there anything that be done to resolve it?
    06-16-19 09:45 PM
    Because it isn't perfect....

Did you have these synced or backed up?
    06-18-19 08:15 AM
    Evidently is wasn't; it caught me off guard; I was attempting to remove a few media files to increase some space on Blackberry Classic and it prompted an upgrade which I didn't think would remove files
    06-18-19 12:35 PM
    When the security software release of 10.3.3.2129 upgraded on my Blackberry Classic, my Bluetooth earpiece will not connect and i lost all my remember notes and several contact numbers. Is there anything that be done to resolve it?
    Hey wm,

No backups at all? Even older ones via Link/Sachesi/DBBT?

Your Bluetooth earpiece should just be a matter of re-pairing. I'm a little surprised that Remember isn't available--was that connected to an e-mail account of any kind by chance? Evernote?
    06-19-19 05:18 PM
    I had backed up some files on my computer before( about 2 yrs ago), but I didn't have any folder named "Notes" or "Remember" in my Blackberry files. Nothing was connected to Evernote. My Bluetooth will not pair or reconnect
    06-20-19 11:30 AM
    I had backed up some files on my computer before( about 2 yrs ago), but I didn't have any folder named "Notes" or "Remember" in my Blackberry files. Nothing was connected to Evernote. My Bluetooth will not pair or reconnect
    Let's take these one at a time wm.

On your backups: were they made via Blackberry Link or some other method? Or were they just files only that were manually copied or some such?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 08:31 PM
    Yes; I used the Blackberry Link
    06-20-19 09:07 PM
    Yes; I used the Blackberry Link
    Great! If you fire up Link, with your phone connected, does everything appear to work normally? Your phone shows as connected in Link, etc? (We're working toward a selective restore from those old backups, but bear with me as we hit this step-by-step.)
    06-20-19 11:48 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate anything you can do to help
    06-21-19 07:02 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate anything you can do to help
    You're quite welcome wm. Can you let me know what happens when you plug your Classic into your computer and run Blackberry Link? That is the next step in the process of (hopefully) eventually getting your notes and contacts back.
    06-21-19 02:56 PM
    It takes a moment for it to connect; then I can see everything that's on my phone
    06-21-19 03:50 PM
    Hello, I have connected and tried to restore my backup files; but the only thing that is happening is that its spinning; its showing connection error, but i am connected to Blackberry and connected to the Link ; any resolutions out there?
    06-29-19 04:43 PM
    Hello, I have connected and tried to restore my backup files; but the only thing that is happening is that its spinning; its showing connection error, but i am connected to Blackberry and connected to the Link ; any resolutions out there?
    Sorry for the delay here wm, lots of stuff going on these days. So Link connects and you are able to see your phone's files and such, but when you try to restore your previous backups it locks and spins? Are you trying a full restore or a custom one?
    07-01-19 05:26 AM
    I was trying a full restore
    07-01-19 09:51 AM
    I was trying a full restore
    What happens if you try a custom restore? You should be able to do this by selecting "Custom" on the right side of the Link window when selecting your backup file. (I believe it's Device Settings that you want to select as that should have Remember data, in addition to the Contacts/Calendar items that are in that backup file which will overwrite existing data.

If that is not available or doesn't show up you could also try restoring via Sachesi or Darcy's Blackberry Tools, doing a custom restore by the same method.
    07-01-19 03:03 PM
    If it's working properly, should I see something uploading. If not, how do I get the Blackberry tools you are suggesting?
    07-01-19 09:06 PM
    If it's working properly, should I see something uploading. If not, how do I get the Blackberry tools you are suggesting?
    Well, you should see your backup files, which you can then select and then select Custom from the available options. If you've left Link spinning for quite some time (let's say 30 minutes or more) and you still don't see your backup files (and the folder Link's pointing towards is where they are actually located) then you can switch to Sachesi or Darcy's Blackberry Tools.

Sachesi:

https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/tag/2.0.4

Darcy's Blackberry Tools:

https://mega.nz/#!JlQGlSLa!UJ88VGpZL...S040Mof3am38Cc

Unzip or unrar the tool in question to the folder of your choice, then connect your phone via USB, give it a few minutes, and run the executable.

Sachesi Instructions:

1. You should see a tab at the top that says "Backup". Click that, then select Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Data.

2. Click "Restore Backup" then select your backup file.

3. Allow the restore to complete. Be aware your existing PIM data (contacts, calendars, etc.) will be overwritten with the backup, so if you need to restore just Remember using this method we will need to get a little creative.

4. Once the restore completes your device settings and Remember notes should be back as they were when the backup was taken.

For DBBT:

1. Click "Backup Manager" on the left.

2. Select "Restore Backup To Phone."

3. Locate and click your backup file.

4. Select Settings only.

5. Click Restore.

6. When the restore completes, your device settings and Remember notes will be back as they were when the backup was made.
    07-01-19 09:21 PM
    I am little confused; the DBBTool.exe. is not opening; so i cannot see the backup File Manager you are referring to. I do see the Backup Up Device in the Balckberry Link, but thats not doing anything either
    07-19-19 08:59 PM