So I got a new bold 9790 without the os installed and I was trying to update it using the desktop software. Every time I tried though it would constantly give me the message saying "no updates available" it was apparently running os 7.0 before. I tried with my curve 9300, the same thing happened, I tried reloading the desktop software, no luck, and another thing I notice is that A. the update servers are down. B. there is no core applications tab for the applications. so can anyone help me out here? Is it only me having this issue?
    04-05-19 05:17 PM
    You're trying to update a no longer supported device using no longer supported software. You're better off just downloading a higher OS, installing it on your computer and then running BlackBerry desktop. You can find a 7.1 build here - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...CF00A7A&step=4 Make sure you delete the vendor.xml.
    EndoPlayz Wolf likes this.
    04-05-19 05:34 PM
    You're trying to update a no longer supported device using no longer supported software. You're better off just downloading a higher OS, installing it on your computer and then running BlackBerry desktop. You can find a 7.1 build here - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...CF00A7A&step=4 Make sure you delete the vendor.xml.
    where would I be able to find Vendor.xml
    04-05-19 06:33 PM
    where would I be able to find Vendor.xml
    Depends on what version of Windows you're on.. try https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ws-7-a-648945/ or just search for it.
    04-05-19 06:35 PM
    Depends on what version of Windows you're on.. try https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ws-7-a-648945/ or just search for it.
    I use windows 10. both the links in the post you reference don't work, and I cant find it when I search for it, where would I go to search for it
    04-05-19 06:59 PM
    I use windows 10. both the links in the post you reference don't work, and I cant find it when I search for it, where would I go to search for it
    Pretty sure you can just go to the lower left and type in vendor.xml and it'll search your whole computer. It should find the file for you.

Why cant I update my BlackBerry Bold 9790 using the desktop software?-universal_search.jpg
    04-05-19 07:02 PM
    Pretty sure you can just go to the lower left and type in vendor.xml and it'll search your whole computer. It should find the file for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	universal_search.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	443743
    it still doesn't find it for me, it finds a disk image but not the xml
    04-05-19 07:11 PM
    it still doesn't find it for me, it finds a disk image but not the xml
    Dunno what to tell you, it's typically in the install folders for the desktop software somewhere after you install the OS on your computer.

- C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    or
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

I don't use Windows, so can't double check for you. Perhaps, it's not even there, which would be odd but stranger things have happened. Try running the desktop software again and see if it finds the OS you installed.
    04-05-19 07:17 PM
    Dunno what to tell you, it's typically in the install folders for the desktop software somewhere after you install the OS on your computer.

- C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    or
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

I don't use Windows, so can't double check for you. Perhaps, it's not even there, which would be odd but stranger things have happened. Try running the desktop software again and see if it finds the OS you installed.
    I found it, so if I delete it will I be able to install the OS?
    04-05-19 07:23 PM
    I found it, so if I delete it will I be able to install the OS?
    Probably. But again, you're using old broken non-supported software on an old non-supported device. The regular process might no longer work. This is just the process that used to work 'back in the day'. If it works, cool. If not, have to try something else.
    04-05-19 07:25 PM
    Probably. But again, you're using old broken non-supported software on an old non-supported device. The regular process might no longer work. This is just the process that used to work 'back in the day'. If it works, cool. If not, have to try something else.
    ok, I have a laptop that "works" so I want to install the OS before or after I delete it
    04-05-19 07:29 PM
    ok, I have a laptop that "works" so I want to install the OS before or after I delete it
    Close/Shutdown BlackBerry desktop software, delete the vendor.xml file, then load up the desktop software again. It should say it found a new OS when you check for updates.
    04-05-19 07:35 PM
    Close/Shutdown BlackBerry desktop software, delete the vendor.xml file, then load up the desktop software again. It should say it found a new OS when you check for updates.
    it didn't work, it just says that there are no new versions available, it doesn't give me the option to use older versions, if yo are wondering the blackberry error is error 507
    04-05-19 08:06 PM
    is there any way I could use BBSAK? ecause bb desktop software is broken
    04-05-19 08:09 PM
    No idea. Haven't used BBSAK since 2011.
    04-05-19 08:28 PM
    do you know where I can find my OS for it, I need my blackberry for Monday.
    04-05-19 08:42 PM
    hi im in the same boat, but for my 9650, i bought it on amazon with it running 4.something, and wanted to update it to 6.0 bundle 3048, its verizon, and all that, im using windows 10, i accidentally wiped it with bbsak (im really new to this and i hope it shows that i am) i dont care what os it has now i just need it working again, it was giving me a 507, and im more of an idiot savant when it comes to tech. so if anyone can walk me through it that would be great. i have a laptop running win7 that could be of use if anything, but i really need the help
    04-05-19 09:06 PM
    hold on, I think I found a way
    I don't know though but I think it may work with my work laptop
    04-05-19 09:07 PM
    I got it to work ;D thank you for the help!
    04-05-19 09:32 PM
    and for anyone else who has this problem, download your device software, connect your device and go to application loader wizard and follow the steps.
    04-05-19 09:35 PM
    If I may recommend, next time try this. Great program and developer!
    04-06-19 12:08 AM
    If I may recommend, next time try this. Great program and developer!
    I will, thanks!
    04-06-19 11:52 AM
    hi im in the same boat, but for my 9650, i bought it on amazon with it running 4.something, and wanted to update it to 6.0 bundle 3048, its verizon, and all that, im using windows 10, i accidentally wiped it with bbsak (im really new to this and i hope it shows that i am) i dont care what os it has now i just need it working again, it was giving me a 507, and im more of an idiot savant when it comes to tech. so if anyone can walk me through it that would be great. i have a laptop running win7 that could be of use if anything, but i really need the help
    Visit the Verizon download site and download 6.0, and install it on your computer and do the same as EndoPlayz Wolf did.- https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...80AF145184E515

and for anyone else who has this problem, download your device software, connect your device and go to application loader wizard and follow the steps.
    04-06-19 01:26 PM