Hi, I recently got a Blackberry Priv, I am on Cricket Wireless network and just got the Sim card for it. When I went to load the Sim card on the priv, I found out that I cannot send texts or phone calls. I keep getting Error code 50.

When I spoke to someone at Cricket about it, they claim that Blackberry devices are "not compatible" with their network but refused to explain why. I am suspicious of this because I have previous hooked up a Blackberry device to their network.

All help is much appreciated.
    02-21-17 07:02 PM
    i use a Priv on Cricket - no issues save for AT&T blocking certain options like network selection and tethering.
    02-21-17 07:37 PM
    Hi, I recently got a Blackberry Priv, I am on Cricket Wireless network and just got the Sim card for it. When I went to load the Sim card on the priv, I found out that I cannot send texts or phone calls. I keep getting Error code 50.

When I spoke to someone at Cricket about it, they claim that Blackberry devices are "not compatible" with their network but refused to explain why. I am suspicious of this because I have previous hooked up a Blackberry device to their network.

All help is much appreciated.
    I know this is a bit late, but I will add this - I am in the U.S. and have been using Cricket. Cricket has recently done a network update and my voicemail stopped working (I'm using a Passport). I just finished talking with their customer service people and they confirmed that anything by Black Berry is not supported on their network. They told me that, quite frankly, they were surprised that my phone was able to make/receive calls, texts, and that the data worked. I've had this confirmed from other people as well. So I'm assuming that is why you are having a problem. So the downside is that I am now stuck with either keeping my Passport with no voicemail or ditch it after having it for a few months
    04-13-17 04:38 PM