I just got a new bob and while trying to make a call, I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. Is this an isolated issue or common?
    05-31-15 03:39 AM
    Really? A common issue?

I'll go for the obvious first: Did you hit the middle muttom (between volume rockers) and activated mute? Try a few calls and see if they work.

If that's not the case, turn your device off, remove the SIM, put it back it (clean if necessary) and turn the Z30 back on.

If you STILL have an issue, try the mic: Open Remember > Net note, hit the microphone icon, record a voice note, play that voice note. If all you have is static, you got a busted mic or a software issue.

To rule out software issue, grab the latest 10.3.1 software for the Z30 here on the forums. If after the update you still have an issue (run all mentioned tests to know), return the phone.
    05-31-15 05:09 PM
    I downgraded to 10.2.0 and the microphone worked. I installed 10.3.1.1767 and the microphone worked. 10.3.1.1865 has caused the microphone to be very faint and garbled.
    07-14-15 02:14 PM
    Really? A common issue?

I'll go for the obvious first: Did you hit the middle muttom (between volume rockers) and activated mute? Try a few calls and see if they work.

If that's not the case, turn your device off, remove the SIM, put it back it (clean if necessary) and turn the Z30 back on.

If you STILL have an issue, try the mic: Open Remember > Net note, hit the microphone icon, record a voice note, play that voice note. If all you have is static, you got a busted mic or a software issue.

To rule out software issue, grab the latest 10.3.1 software for the Z30 here on the forums. If after the update you still have an issue (run all mentioned tests to know), return the phone.
    Shouldn't have to do all that with a new phone. Simple bring it back to the store.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:05 PM
    Shouldn't have to do all that with a new phone. Simple bring it back to the store.
    A "new bob" iis a new phone? OK then.
    07-14-15 05:18 PM