I'm having an issue with my Z10. Recently, if I try to attach an image or file to an email that I'm writing, the screen goes dark like it is trying to get to the file picker, but then reverts back to the "compose" screen I was on. It's doing the same thing when I try to create a backup file in Contacts ImEx or PIM Backup and Restore, as well as attaching an image to a tweet or Instagram post. However, the phone will still allow me to "Share" an image to text or email from within the gallery or picture app. I thought it may be some sort of problem with my memory card, but I'm only using 2 out of the 14.8 GB. I've had no issues saving images or attachments, besides the issues with my backup applications mentioned above, which make it hard to think its a problem with my SD card.

Could this be a problem with my hardware? Should I try updating to a new leak, or is this a problem that may carry through the re-install? My issue is that I can't really back up using my conventional methods to update to a new version, so I'm not sure how willing I am to try updating my OS without a little advice from you guys.

I'm on Verizon, with a carrier supplied version of 10.2.1.2976. It's been installed since this version was released and I've had no issues until recently. I've tried reboots, battery removals, etc, to no avail. Sporadically, the problem goes away upon reboot, but the phone doesn't have to be on very long before my issues come back.

Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks!!
    06-07-15 08:43 PM
    Not a hardware issue, for sure. That has software writen all over it.

Try the basics: Hold the top buttom till you see a red LED followed by the BlackBerry logo. Ignore any prompts.

If you have a USB adaptor, put the SD in and have Windows fix the card. It could be corrupted after all. Since you have so little in it, after Windows fixes it, put it back into the device, move ALL contents into the internal memory, have the BlackBerry format the SD and then move everything back in. Just to make sure the SD is not the problem.

Link not being able to Backup is a dead giveaway or rogue app and corrupted data. Try and watch when the update fails, should tell you which app is the culprit - excluding it from the backup usually does the trick.

Restoring backups DO (most of the time) generate issues over time. If you are good to start from scratch, grab the latest 10.3.2.798 autoloader and take it for a spin. You should have a issue-free device after that (just be advised there is no going back from 10.3.2).

PS: DO NOT remove the battery from a BlackBerry 10 device unless the unit is powered OFF.
    06-07-15 09:56 PM