I've been trying to play the music that's on my micro mini sd card on my keyone and its not working!
    02-13-18 10:21 AM
    Define 'not working'.. How are you trying to play it? What error messages are you getting?
    02-13-18 01:08 PM
    It says, couldn't play the track I requested! I'd switched from a Q10 to the keyone!
    02-13-18 02:08 PM
    It says, couldn't play the track I requested! I'd switched from a Q10 to the keyone!
    That still doesn't tell me very much. How are you trying to play it? Did you install any music player apps or are you trying to use Google Play Music?
    02-13-18 02:24 PM
    I was trying to use Google play! I haven't installed any music apps to the phone!
    02-13-18 03:05 PM
    I was trying to use Google play! I haven't installed any music apps to the phone!
    Try VLC Player.
    02-13-18 03:06 PM
    Try VLC Player.

Yeah, Google Play Music isn't great at playing stuff off SD Cards unless you actually import it into your Play Music account. VLC, BlackPlayer, or PowerAmp are better options.
    02-13-18 03:35 PM
    Ok thanks, I'll try it and see how it works!
    02-13-18 04:21 PM
    Thanks, Bla1ze and Conite! VLC is working fine!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    02-13-18 04:40 PM
    Thanks, Bla1ze and Conite! VLC is working fine!
    Glad we could help.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-13-18 05:39 PM
    Wait. The native Android music player can't play music files unless they're imported into a Google account?

I have more than 1.2 TB of FLAC files. My five-year-old BB10 phone plays them great through the native player out of the box, but Android can't?

I understand there are dozens of 3rd party music players for Android, but, honestly, I should be able to point any smart phone at an audio file and have it play within 10 minutes of unpacking it.

Obviously my expectations for Android are widely off the mark. Fortunately, the Qualcomm DAC is so awful that I haven't been tempted to use my KEYone for music.

Get it together Android. It's 2018. Digital audio has been around for a while.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-13-18 05:57 PM
    Wait. The native Android music player can't play music files unless they're imported into a Google account?

I have more than 1.2 TB of FLAC files. My five-year-old BB10 phone plays them great through the native player out of the box, but Android can't?

I understand there are dozens of 3rd party music players for Android, but, honestly, I should be able to point any smart phone at an audio file and have it play within 10 minutes of unpacking it.

Obviously my expectations for Android are widely off the mark. Fortunately, the Qualcomm DAC is so awful that I haven't been tempted to use my KEYone for music.

Get it together Android. It's 2018. Digital audio has been around for a while.

There might be issues as mentioned previously, but I'm able to play all the music files on my SD Card using Google Music. I didn't have to import files using my Google account.

Note though, when I switched devices, I copied everything to my laptop first, formatted the SD card with my new device (KEYᵒⁿᵉ) and then copied all back.
    02-13-18 06:09 PM
    There might be issues as mentioned previously, but I'm able to play all the music files on my SD Card using Google Music. I didn't have to import files using my Google account.

Note though, when I switched devices, I copied everything to my laptop first, formatted the SD card with my new device (KEYᵒⁿᵉ) and then copied all back.
    Well, good! That's entirely doable. With over 1.7 TB of total audio files, I'm constantly loading them on and off of my phones anyway.

Thanks for the information!

02-13-18 06:13 PM