Hope someone can help, for some reason, I cannot open any photos sent to me by text on my Blackberry Motion, I can send them fine, but when I receive them in gives me a blue circle with a download arrow. when I try and download it give me a message: Message Expired or not available. Someone suggested to turn off my Wifi connection, but that did not work.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    08-21-19 02:17 PM
    Hope someone can help, for some reason, I cannot open any photos sent to me by text on my Blackberry Motion, I can send them fine, but when I receive them in gives me a blue circle with a download arrow. when I try and download it give me a message: Message Expired or not available. Someone suggested to turn off my Wifi connection, but that did not work.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    What carrier are you using your Motion on? The APN settings may not be fully correct.
    08-21-19 02:56 PM
    I am using Bell as my carrier.
    08-21-19 03:40 PM
    I am using Bell as my carrier.
    Go to Settings>Network & internet>Tap on Cellular networks>Access Point Names

Then, verify the info under those settings matches those found here: - https://support.bell.ca/mobility/sma...network?step=3

If all those settings are correct and the issue remains, you can try a different SMS app like Textra and see if that works.
    08-21-19 03:59 PM
    It said to go to my Messaging Menu and select Multimedia Messaging settings, can't seem to find this in my Messages
    08-21-19 04:43 PM
    It said to go to my Messaging Menu and select Multimedia Messaging settings, can't seem to find this in my Messages
    It's all on that main screen. You only need to check the MMSC url, make sure it matches under where it says.. MMSC.
    08-21-19 04:52 PM
    The url matches but there are no MMS proxy and MMS port settings. Should there be something in these fields. I tried and it still doesn't work.
    08-21-19 05:06 PM
    The url matches but there are no MMS proxy and MMS port settings. Should there be something in these fields. I tried and it still doesn't work.
    Should match this:

APN: pda.bell.ca
    Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    Port: 80
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    MMS port: 80
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC : 302
    MNC : 610
    APN type : default,mms,dun,supl

Restart your device if you make any changes. And again, if it doesn't work, try Textra.
    08-21-19 05:33 PM
    The only setting I don't see is MMS protocol: I don't have a setting to input WAP 2.0. Do I need to worry about this?
    08-21-19 05:42 PM
    The only setting I don't see is MMS protocol: I don't have a setting to input WAP 2.0. Do I need to worry about this?
    No.
    08-21-19 05:43 PM
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated. That did it, working fine now.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-21-19 06:01 PM
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated. That did it, working fine now.
    Glad to hear it! Cheers.
    08-21-19 07:09 PM