Why can't I attach pictures to my text messages on the Keyone? Please see screen shot which does NOT show a paperclip for attachments.

I'm using the Blackberry Keyone which is running the Android 7.1.1 operating system. Here's how I recreate the issue: From the home screen I click on the Messages icon, select the + sign and then select recipient...and then I don't see a paperclip to attach a picture. I've already rebooted the phone, looked under the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, selected the + in the bottom left hand corner and the smilie face...nothing allows me to attach pictures. This is a new phone I got 3 days ago and this is the first time I've tried to attach pictures to a text message. I use Walmart Family Mobile powered by T-mobile...not sure if that is the problem as I had to call customer service to get the phone activated and they changed my APN settings. Please help.

Honestly, if I'm going to have programming issues like this with my phone...although I'm a die hard Blackberry fan, I might as well sell my new phone now. I hope someone can help me.
    06-28-17 08:03 PM
    Selling the phone seems a bit extreme here. First of all, which SMS app are you using? It's it the stock one that comes pre-loaded? If so, click on the plus sign in bottom left. It will bring stickers up but you can swipe right or click the icons below them that show a camera if you want to take a picture or a picture icon if you want to select from your gallery.

If that doesn't work then try downloading a seperate SMS app like textra and disabling this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't I attach pictures to my text messages on the Keyone?-45632.jpg  
    cuffeea likes this.
    06-28-17 08:19 PM
    Did you give permission to the app to access the media? It's not the phones fault, you CAN send media I do it all the time.
    06-28-17 10:48 PM
    The permission access would come up if the OP was in the right spot to attach an image. They are looking for a paper clip. All it is, is a different set up then what they expect. No paper clip image as they expect.
    cuffeea likes this.
    06-29-17 08:34 AM
    Oh Ray689! Thank you thank you thank you! I clicked the plus sign and swiped to the right and there were the options of taking pictures and attachments! This was a user error! Do you know I could not find this solution anywhere on the Internet? Sorry about the selling the phone comment...I was just frustrated. Blackberry forever!
    ray689 likes this.
    06-29-17 10:42 AM
    Oh Ray689! Thank you thank you thank you! I clicked the plus sign and swiped to the right and there were the options of taking pictures and attachments! This was a user error! Do you know I could not find this solution anywhere on the Internet? Sorry about the selling the phone comment...I was just frustrated. Blackberry forever!
    Not a problem. Glad it all worked out for you. This is a great device and I'm enjoying mine as I'm sure you will enjoy yours.
    06-29-17 04:34 PM