As I see Apple launching iPhone SE as an upgraded version of their popular phone iPhone 5S, I wonder Why can't Blackberry launch and upgraded version of Z10 with more powerful processor, better camera, better battery and other functions. The Z10 stills looks a beautiful phone to hold with perfect screen size and quality. But Since the phone was launched 3 -4 years ago, many of its features need a hardware upgrade.
    Isn't it a good time to go with an Hardware upgraded Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 04:30 AM
    I see there are two posts of the same kind (i.e. Your Z30 post). Please stick to one thread..

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 04:49 AM
    As I see Apple launching iPhone SE as an upgraded version of their popular phone iPhone 5S, I wonder Why can't Blackberry launch and upgraded version of Z10 with more powerful processor, better camera, better battery and other functions. The Z10 stills looks a beautiful phone to hold with perfect screen size and quality. But Since the phone was launched 3 -4 years ago, many of its features need a hardware upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    I Phone se is actually a I Phone stupid edition.. about BlackBerry z10 I would say that BlackBerry will not produce a high spec phone at least with BlackBerry os. They want to make BlackBerry on android so it may happen that in future you can find BlackBerry powered by android in mid range price bracket but the same Phone (z10) with high spec I think they will not produce...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 07:04 AM
    Because for a good device at the time few bought it. People sadly want apps and if your smartphone does support apps few buyers
    04-10-16 08:17 AM
    I wish they would, too, but wish in one hand and $h!t in the other and see which fills first.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    04-10-16 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    You must have been asleep for the last three years. That is all that needs to be said.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 10:02 PM
    You must have been asleep for the last three years. That is all that needs to be said.

Posted via CB10
    BB Adict. If by that remark of yours you mean to say that BlackBerry launched many devices after Z10 in last three years OR that BB released many updates for the Z10 during that time, then sorry my friend you've totally misunderstood what I'm trying to say. I don't mean the new devices or the software updates. I meant the same Z10 design but with better internal hardware specs ( better battery in terms of mAh, better camera in terms of pixels and focus and better processor in terms of clock speed and cores)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 01:32 PM
    Apple can amortize the costs of the SE because they will sell 1M of them the first week. BB would sell a few hundred thousand the first year at terrible margins because no one is going to buy a $500 Z10 with an uncertain OS that carriers won't touch.
    04-11-16 01:51 PM
    So doomed we are...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 04:35 PM
    BB Adict. If by that remark of yours you mean to say that BlackBerry launched many devices after Z10 in last three years OR that BB released many updates for the Z10 during that time, then sorry my friend you've totally misunderstood what I'm trying to say. I don't mean the new devices or the software updates. I meant the same Z10 design but with better internal hardware specs ( better battery in terms of mAh, better camera in terms of pixels and focus and better processor in terms of clock speed and cores)

Posted via CB10
    No I think he means that you haven't been paying attention to the fact that BlackBerry has lost money on every BB10 devices they have built. And that it looks as if there won't be anymore BB10 devices built.... ever!

Now BlackBerry is focused on Android. But let's be honest, if you want an all touch Android with great specs at a reasonable price.... no need to wait for BlackBerry to build it, because they never will.

I will say that the Z10 in many ways was a great form factor, was easy to hold and one handed type. Just need a bigger battery.
    04-11-16 04:58 PM
    BB Adict. If by that remark of yours you mean to say that BlackBerry launched many devices after Z10 in last three years OR that BB released many updates for the Z10 during that time, then sorry my friend you've totally misunderstood what I'm trying to say. I don't mean the new devices or the software updates.
    Sorry my friend you've totally misunderstood what he's trying to say.

In the past three years, BlackBerry has found little if any successes with devices in general, let alone BB10 devices. To continue down that path would be throwing money away.

A Z10 refresh, update, whatever is a pipe dream.
    04-11-16 06:18 PM