I was asked by a friend to test drive his Android app. My initial reaction was "Sure thing, with my awesome Blackberry I can do that with ease, just send me the .apk".

And so he did. However, his app needs to access the system calendar and apparently it can't. It does not seem to be a problem of his app as I tried to load 3 other Android calendar apps and they all return error messages like "Can't add an event - No calendars found on this device".

I am on the latest 10.2 release on my Z10 and my native Blackberry Calendar app is running fine with both my local calendar and a secondary calendar which is synced with my Google account. I expected both of those calendars to be accessible by Android apps as well.

Before I admit defeat I wanted to check back with you guys, as I can't imagine that such a basic API is not included in the Android runtime for Blackberry. Has anyone got any Android Calendar app to work? (I had success with sunrise calendar, however, that one is pulling in the data directly from Google and not from the system calendar as most apps do (and should be able to do))

Thanks a lot!
    11-18-14 05:17 PM
    Probably related to the API mapping.

Search for "calendar" on the URL below and read the Q/A in the comments. It might be the answer to issue.
    Features and Unsupported APIs - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    11-18-14 07:35 PM
    I have one working, not connected to anything, but no access to native. Don't think that's possible, without connecting the app to an email in the native calendar. However, I could be wrong. It's not API access, since there are apps in App World. I'll try one more, just for fun.
    11-18-14 07:53 PM
    I'm having a heck of a time finding a calendar app, that integrates with the phones current calendar. Just syncing with email. Sorry
    11-18-14 08:12 PM