I can make a call but if anybody tries to call me you hear a very fast busy signal.
    12-05-20 04:21 AM
    I am sorry, I forget to say that it worked 2 times and then says Emergency calls only.
    Thank you.
    12-05-20 04:55 AM
    I am sorry, I forget to say that it worked 2 times and then says Emergency calls only.
    Thank you.
    That sounds like a provisioning issue with your carrier provider and you'd need to contact them directly.
    12-05-20 09:47 AM
    Dear ChuckFinley69,
    Thank you for you’re reply!. The strange thing is that I can place calls en send and receive sms text messages. I will contact them. Thanks again.
    12-05-20 10:54 AM
    And also the sim card works normal in my IPhone SE 2020 which I don’t want to use anymore.
    Have a good weekend.
    12-05-20 11:33 AM
    Contact your carrier. I doubt it would have anything to do with the apple device. Could also be a bad SIM.
    Could also be it lacks the 3G and LTE bands your iphone (10/x/xr/xs/pro/max or 11/pro/max) has which your carrier depends on to maintain the network connection. There is always a primary (3G aka 4G aka H+) and secondary (LTE) network.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-05-20 11:55 AM
    Hai, thanks for the reply. The sim card works good with my iPhone but with my BB Classic it doesn’t.
    At least i don’t know if the sim card is the problem of not receiving any calls on my BB.
    12-06-20 12:29 PM
    Hai, thanks for the reply. The sim card works good with my iPhone but with my BB Classic it doesn’t.
    At least i don’t know if the sim card is the problem of not receiving any calls on my BB.
    The carrier may have to change settings within your account or even SIM card. When a person moves from iOS to Android, there are setting issues for certain iOS ecosystem features that don’t exist on Android. Those same issues will also happen when you move from iOS to BB10 phone as well.

That being said, the problem isn’t as common, when switching from Android to BB10 in my experience. Do you have someone that can loan you a current SIM card from Android device, active, preferably on the same carrier?
    12-06-20 12:52 PM
    Dear Chuck, no, i am in Lockdown in a small village in the South of France.
    But i made an callappointment with my provider for this coming week. They also sell the BB Classic so maybe they can help. Do you mean by carrier, my provider?. (KPN in Holland).
    12-06-20 01:01 PM
    In this instance, whoever the company that provides your actual mobile service network.
    12-06-20 01:56 PM
    Yes, that is KPN. Thank you and fingers crossed!.
    12-07-20 06:34 AM
    Yes, that is KPN. Thank you and fingers crossed!.
    Have you had this Classic working fine before? Perhaps with a different SIM?

And, now suddenly not working with new SIM? Even if it's from the iPhone, it's new to the Classic.

Or did you just get this Classic?

If you just recently acquired the Classic, what is its model number? Go to "Settings" > "About" , and look under the Model Number section. It will be SQC100-__, with a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 after the dash.

Each model was made for a different market/part of the world, with limited number of supported bands for each model. I'm just looking to see if the one you have is compatible with your carrier. The frequency band support is hardware in the device itself and has nothing to do with the SIM. While the iPhone (and most androids) support almost every cell frequency in the world, especially the recent models, the Classic was from a time when phones had fewer band support for each region. At least by the time the Classic came out, it typically had more 4G-LTE bands than the earlier BB10 phones - 7 to 8 instead of the more typical 3 to 4 bands (except the Classic model SQC100-3 and -5 which still had just 4 bands because those were CDMA phones for Verizon and Sprint with their own CDMA bands).

Phones in the last few years will typically support up to 10, 20 or more bands.
    12-07-20 09:14 AM
    Hai Joel,
    Thank you for you’re reply!.
    No, this is for me a new Classic but the SIM Card i took out of my IPhone SE 2020 (was working perfectly).
    Now also working good except for incoming calls. (And can’t receive foto’s on my sms)
    My modelnumber is SQC100-4 Is that good, pleaseee say,Yes!.
    Softwareversies 10.3.3.2137

Thanks!.
    12-07-20 10:34 AM
    Hai Joel,
    No, this is for me a new Classic but the SIM Card i took out of my IPhone SE 2020 (was working perfectly).
    Now also working good except for incoming calls. (And can’t receive foto’s on my sms)

Thanks!.
    12-07-20 01:03 PM
    Hai Joel,

Thanks!.
    You can check out the supported Frequencies here....

SQC100-4 was for North American, which may not (or may) have the bands your carrier uses. You'll want to search for their supported bands and compare it. The SQC100-1 was the European model, but there is some overlap... so it just depends on your carrier's bands.

I assume that they once sold it.... Classic has been out of production for almost five years. Can't imaging any carrier offering it still.
    12-07-20 01:26 PM
    Hai Joel,

Thanks!.
    check with your carrier, it could be lacking the 3G or LTE bands for. Voice/sms and data. All it takes is an inquiry.
    12-07-20 01:30 PM
    I will inquire, thanks again.
    Effie
    12-07-20 01:44 PM
    I thought they still had them in shop but they don’t anymore.
    But the strange thing is that i can call en sms. Everything is working except that....
    Thanks, i hope KPN can help me. I am so happy with my BB!.
    Effie
    12-07-20 01:55 PM
    Hai Wolfgang, Thank you for you’re reply. No, it is neither of them. I took out my Bold 9700. Now i can call en more be called but no internet and no WiFi. Blackberry is making it real difficult ;-). I can change my Classic in the SQC 100-1 Somebody told me that is the Europeans Model, maybe that is the problem. I know have the 100-4 and live in Europe.
    12-15-20 12:14 PM