I select a book from gutenberg.org and go through the steps to download it. When it shows Download Complete, I can no longer find the book in epub as I used to be able to do.
    08-21-17 02:00 PM
    If you use the file manager, can you find the file.
    08-21-17 02:26 PM
    Thank you for responding. No, with one exception. a file with .zip extension rather than .epub appears in file manager, but when I try to open it, a message appears: Output folder/accounts/shared/downloads/_o_orwell_george_079 already exists. With that message, there are two options: Cancel or Overwrite. Neither of these brings anything else up. I don't know zip about zip files, except that they need to be unzipped, and I don't know how to do that.
    08-21-17 03:53 PM
    What app are you using to open the .epub files? You might need to browse to them using that.
    08-21-17 03:55 PM
    Thank you for responding. No, with one exception. a file with .zip extension rather than .epub appears in file manager, but when I try to open it, a message appears: Output folder/accounts/shared/downloads/_o_orwell_george_079 already exists. With that message, there are two options: Cancel or Overwrite. Neither of these brings anything else up. I don't know zip about zip files, except that they need to be unzipped, and I don't know how to do that.
    The site you are going to "ZIP" the files to save bandwidth, ZIP is a form of file compression. BB10 should be unzipping the file and creating a folder with the epub in it.
    08-22-17 09:19 AM
    The site you are going to "ZIP" the files to save bandwidth, ZIP is a form of file compression. BB10 should be unzipping the file and creating a folder with the epub in it.
    I really doubt Gutenberg is providing EPUBs as zip files. An epub basically is a zip file. Rename *.epub to *.zip and you can actually open it and see it's components.
    Since it's already a zip underneath, zipping an epub file won't actually reduce the file size.
    08-22-17 01:00 PM
    I really doubt Gutenberg is providing EPUBs as zip files. An epub basically is a zip file. Rename *.epub to *.zip and you can actually open it and see it's components.
    Since it's already a zip underneath, zipping an epub file won't actually reduce the file size.
    He said it had a .zip extension... I can only go with that.
    08-22-17 01:05 PM